Another 'first impressions' post

as an aside, Id say the OP1 aims to be a workstation in a box, not something organelle really targets

there are technical differences between the op-1 and organelle, but many can be ‘creatively’ overcome. so your list, is not so much bound by hardware limitations as what has currently been explored.

of course, to create complex things, takes time… but newer hardware would not change that, the op1 has had a huge software development investment, which sets it apart, not the hardware.

hence, I think the community is the most important thing behind Organelle, the longer it develops and keeps interested and motivated, the more boundaries it will push.

I think this is the real challenge for musicians/music tech/developers today - there are continually new shiny toys to chase, which means efforts and communities are continually divided, leading to a lack of focus to push creatively any particular piece, work within the limitations it provides - and i think for a musical instrument (as opposed to tv/computer) this is a huge shame.

(this is the issue with a mk2 released ‘too early’, it will divide the community into mk1 and mk2 users, which divides efforts)

5 Likes