Basic Poly Sampler for the 100+ Mellotron/Chamberlin patches I sampled

Hey Everyone. I borrowed a new digital Mellotron for a few days and sampled 100 + patches.

Mki
Mkii
M300
M400
M4Kd
Chamberlin

Samples of Samples into a sampler for sample playback.

Some patches went through this old Tube Klemt Echolette preamp stage and some went through a MoogerFooger Delay preamp stage then into clean preamps and Lynx Aurora converters at 24 bit 48kHz. Converted to 16 bit 44.1kHz for Organelle usage.

Here’s an example of the Mk 1

----- I really like the MellowTron idea of that’s already kicking around BUT I’m wondering if someone can build / modify something similar/simpler? I don’t mind having a folder per patch and rather keep the mellotron stuff on a different USB stick then the main patch one. Can someone build this? (yes there are patches already that can do this stuff, not exactly what i’m looking for)

Basic Poly Sampler
knob 1 = sample start
knob 2 = attack
knob 3 = release
knob 4 = pitch

aux = go crazy ( Glide ? Deep Sea Diving? )

loads 37 wave files starting @ F1 that are labeled as such

1.wav
2.wav
… 37.wav

I’ve uploaded
Bossa - Mov Strings Lo + Tibia Organ here in case anyone wants to hear this or build this Tron patch.

The Organelle is extremely fun to play and I would NEVER use these samples in soft sampler… anyone with me?

Thanks,

Klyde

6 Likes

Here’s some Mkii Sounds. They are 37 notes starting at F1

Mkii-Accordian
Mkii-Vibraphone
Mkii-Tenor Sax

I’m almost done all the editing…

1 Like

I’m done. 129 patches! If you build it they will come?

I love the sounds you’re pulling out, thank you for all your work :slight_smile:
I’m barely a script kiddie so I’m not much use to you yet, but I wanted to recognize your efforts.
Great job!

I’m digging the sounds too, even though it came from the new digital mellotron, they got it!

These samples are amazing. Any chance you’d be so kind as to give me access to the rest of your patches? I’d love to put them to good use.

Hi, did you ever end up putting all these sounds into Organelle patches?

Still sitting on my hard drive all labeled and in folders. No time to learn how to code a 129 patch browser with ADSR and pitch function.

If someone manages to code something as per my original posts, I will release the files/hounds.

@klydehyde
Wouldn’t Mellowtron or Sampler Style 49 on patch storage work? Depends on the range of the samples you have. I think they’d be fine. If you can host the samples for download that would get the ball rolling! Hope you do :slight_smile:

There’s 6 sampled mellotron examples in this thread. Enough to get the ball rolling.

Yeah they all work fine. What do you need then?

Maybe a way to browse patches. ?? I think patch per folder is also totally awesome.

1 Like

I’ve added samples to the Mellowtron patch without any trouble. Just have to watch the naming convention.

Hey man. I appreciate that. I don’t have the organelle in front of me… I messed with MellowTron and it was a bit of a pain x 100+ folders and I posted here for help.

hey guys i have patch that you can just replace or add folders to a directory and Pd scans them all would that help? I have been off and sick a few days

LMK

5 Likes

Sounds great!

It would be super cool to have one knob dedicated as a blend knob. So for example just like on a real Mellotron with A and B to have a patch where knob 1 to the left is a flute, all the way to the right is a Chior or Oboe etc. and to center the knob would be an equal mix of both.
Also this could cut down the amount of patches from 100 to about 50 since there could be 2 per patch. Maybe Aux could be used to select the pairs.

“Basic Poly Sampler
knob 1 = sample start
knob 2 = attack
knob 3 = release
knob 4 = pitch”

… this needs to happen!

1 Like

So there is an updated Mellowtron patch. Let’s release these files @klydehyde can’t waaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiittttt