Case / box for Organelle

Great idea! Can you still feel the knobs with your hand after the case is closed? I have a Roland Boutique case and after seeing your post, I tried placing the Organelle in it. The case is barely high enough and you can feel the knobs, and even click on the rotary when it’s closed. This could be solved by putting a layer of cloth or bubblewrap between the Organelle and the lid though.

To prevent this when using a traktor x1 case for my organelle, i’ve got a piece of foam taller than the knobs (and as wide as the short length of the case) slotted in between the encoder and knob 4. Solves the issue. Still think it would be awesome if C&G could make some accessories tailored to their synths.

Since there is no comment from C&G, I guess it will never happen.

I think the Magma case is a good solution.

In my home-brew case I cut pieces of semi rigid packing foam and made holes for the knobs with an apple corer! A bit of self adhesive draft proofing strip provided enough clearance for the keys. As a result I have a semi rigid case, with no pressure on the knobs or keys which is great.

Yes the Magma case is looking quite good,the only problem I can see is the knob height and if our UK dirty great 3 pin plug fits in!!!

You could also just cut holes in the foam to fit over the knobs, that way there would be no pressure on the knobs

I’ve received mine yesterday and it’s fine. Thanks for the advice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone.
I received my Organelle about 3 weeks ago (of course super excited) and have been searching for a case/box to transfer it safely ever since.
I have found some interesting stuff regarding this issue.

Some flute/piccolo flute cases have the ideal dimensions to fit an organelle in like the following:
https://www.thomann.de/gb/ritter_rbs7d_flute_c_foot_sgl.htm
https://www.thomann.de/gb/ritter_rbs7d_flute_piccolo_mgb.htm

Of course there are hard cases as well (second hand for better prices maybe) which with a bit modding (extracting the “frame” which holds the wind instrument) can be helpful as well.

Finally, i intend checking out the U8410BL UDG Creator NI Kontrol F1/X1/Z1 Hardcase which is at low cost as well and the dimensions (inch: 13 x 6.2 x 2.4) seem pretty comfortable:
https://www.udggear.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/u/8/u8410bl-feature-pic-2-hr.jpg

I’ll inform as soon as i conclude to one of the above mentioned.

Cheers!

Roland’s Boutique cases are also quite good. The power adapter and a few cables can also squeeze in. I use one.

1 Like

So @korhanerel , did the knobs fit in nice or did you have to crop some foam from above?

There is no foam in those cases. You can feel the knobs when the case is closed but as long as you place it well in your gig bag, there won’t be any issues I think. I travel quite a bit with the Organelle and it had been fine since now.

1 Like

Wasn’t into the Analog brand case and wanted something to fit into my backpack for travel and gigs, so I sewed this soft case. Working on a different materials for it too. Would be happy to make one for anyone looking for an alternative to the Analog case or the flute cases.

2 Likes

This is a very nice looking soft case! Just wondering, what didn’t you like about the Analog case?

there’s truly nothing wrong with the Analog case - I just wanted something with a little more life and color to match the character of the Organelle.

Not a case but I made a custom stand for my Organelle M and OP-Z.

I bought this one and It’s pretty great!
Just be careful to remove the Wifi adapter from the USB port before storing away! (I neglected to do this and now one of my ports is damaged :frowning: )

Following up on @JoseQuervo stand derail, I wanted to shared a very simple stand for the Organelle that I 3d-printed some time ago. The goal was to raise it, so I could have another instrument below (Digitakt or Lyra-4).

organelle stand.zip (87.6 KB)

2 Likes