CCquencer - Organelle Patch controls the ETC Video Synth

Like the Organelle, the ETC’s knobs may be overridden by incoming MIDI CC. We made the CCquencer Organelle patch to send sequences of CC messages to an ETC (or other device). Download the CCquencer patch here: https://patchstorage.com/ccquencer/

When pressed, each Organelle key sends out five CC values (CC 21, 22, 23, 24, 25) which correspond to the ETC’s parameter knobs as well as MIDI note 127 which toggles the Auto Clear function. To edit a key’s CC values, press and hold a key to enter the edit mode. Then adjust the four knobs and volume knob to set your desired CC values. Press the highest Organelle key to toggle the Auto Clear message.

Use the Aux button to record a sequence of Organelle key presses. As the sequence progresses, the Organelle sends out each key’s CC settings. Use the ‘Ramp’ knob (Knob 1) to control the glide time (portamento) between values.

Here’s a demo video. In it, the ETC is always receiving CCs from the Organelle. In most clips, the ETC is also responding to audio input:

1 Like

want an etc soooooo bad

Here’s another way to send CC values to the ETC for external control & looping!
Thank you to Ziad Sarrouh for sharing this!

1 Like

Thank you for this patch!

Unfortunately my Organelle’s volume knob doesn’t seem to be sending any data to the ETC - it should be controlling the ETC’s background color in this patch. I can see the level changing on the Organelle’s screen when I adjust the knob, but the ETC isn’t responding to it. Everything else seems to work ok.

Any idea why this might be happening?

I appreciate any help!

The volume knob does not send midi:
https://www.critterandguitari.com/print-manual?m=Organelle_M_Manual#34-organelles-default-midi-setup

The 4 knobs and the aux button send CC 21-25.

Yes, I see that in the manual - but according to @chrisk above, in this particular patch you should be able to control the “five CC values (CC 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)” by adjusting “the four knobs and volume knob to set your desired CC values.

Hi @scissors - I made a mistake by including the Volume knob in the description. It only sends the CC Messages from Knobs 1-4. Sorry for the confusion.
(originally we did have it working with the volume knob, but something in the patch broke due to subsequent OS and PD updates to the Organelle - we should take a look and figure out what happened)

1 Like

Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying! I’ve yet to jump into the code side of things (in general), otherwise I’d investigate as well.