NOTE: This post is now irrelevant due to updates implemented in OS 2.1. In OS 2.1 you can make MIDI Channel changes from the system menu! More information on OS 2.1 here: https://www.critterandguitari.com/blogs/news/organelle-os-update
If you are using the outdated OS 1.x follow these steps to change MIDI input channel on the Organelle running OS 1.x :
- Eject the USB drive from your Organelle and place it in a USB port on your computer.
- Download PureData on your computer if you have not already.
- Download mother.pd. A version of this file is always running on the Organelle and interfaces with every patch. To set your Organelle to utilize a MIDI channel of your choosing, a new mother patch must be created to override the built-in mother.pd.
- Move mother.pd into the Patches folder on the Organelle drive:
- Open mother.pd.
- Click the MIDI sub patch labeled [pd MIDI]:
- Find the group of objects in the top row that starts with [notein 1]:
- Edit the [notein 1] object to reflect your MIDI channel of choice. For example, if your MIDI channel of choice is channel 8, change [notein 1] to [notein 8]:
- Save and close the patch.
- Eject the Organelle USB drive and test on the Organelle.