Context & Organelle

I’m sure many of you noticed this already, but there’s a new sequencer “platform” for PD called Context:

I haven’t tried it out yet, but leafed through the documentation last night – it’s quite interesting. Anybody have any thoughts on how it could work together with Organelle (and Orac)?

1 Like

Ive not played with it yet… but seems pretty heavily GUI based , no? is that useful on an Organelle?

as for making it work, it wont work out the box, because it doesn’t ship with pre-build arm externals.
however, he is very good at listing whats needed, to it’d be quite easy to track down the externals source, and compile.
(and many of the externals have already been compiled for the organelle for other patches)

so definitely possible, question is how much use is it… ?!
(I’ll probably go check it out at some point, as lots of good things being said about it)

1 Like

Sorry to revive this thread, but does anyone know if Context can now run on the Organelle? Version 5 says that it ships with all necessary externals, and looking on the Github page it seems like Linux versions of these are included. If it is possible to run Context on the Organelle, what would be the easiest way to do this - should I just include the entire Context folder within my main patch folder?

Bump - has anyone tried this as of late?

Doesn’t seem like anyone has, but I’d be interested to see the result if you gave it a shot!

I’m going to try when I get the time :slight_smile: .