Fluidsynth~ Vintage Synth Series: JUPITER 2.2 update

they need to go in /usr/lib por favor

Just tried this out, sounds really great, canā€™t wait to try the update.

Iā€™m curious cause I am new to all of this, but this seems to be the only patch Iā€™ve seen that has come from using the fluidsynth, are there any others out there of any kind?

Is the Vintage Emulation Set created exclusively for Critter & Guitari. You wont find these on patchstorage because the Soundfonts are too big there are

PM me regarding the Organalogue, Metamorph & World Music Versions

2 Likes

I canā€™t get working the sequencer & reverb in the vintage synths patches :pensive:. Is it something about installing anyrhing else besides LADSPA or Fluidsynth??

make sure you have pd-extended libraries i am assuming new o/s stuff will require updates such is the nature of the beast

i will be back to CT soon and iā€™ll look at the problem

kind regards

Patrick Pagano B.S, M.F.A

Assistant Professor in Residence

Digital Media & Design

Web & Interactive Technologies

University of Connecticut, Stamford

(352)-226-2016

After I install FluidSynth, can I delete it from my USB?

yes, you do not need to keep the install

1 Like

Man, I know you get this quite a bit Iā€™m sure. But I just gotta say. Iā€™ve only had my Organelle for maybe a week and a half. And already, everything youā€™ve provided has been amazing. Iā€™m pretty sure 20% of whatā€™s in my patches are what it came with and from random folks. The rest are from patches youā€™ve shared.

Thanks again!

my pleasure.
Oweno and the C&G facilitated my time for the users so i could develop a set of patches that in my mind helped make the Organelle a true Electro-acoustic instrument for performance, research and development.
My research specifically the past two years has been preserving the code that has been written for Pure Data since right around 1996. I first ran Pd on SGI in 95 but really did not start actively using it till a year later so itā€™s a joy and a frustration and a passion and an obsession ā€“ all the things good art should be.

So its nice to hear that.
I am announcing my book at a TEDx this month in Stamford, CT entitled ā€œPure Data Ephemeralā€

An Advanced Catalog of Pure Data Libraries Abstractions and Instruments from 1996-2018 and there is a chapter on the organelle that i look forward to sharing when itā€™s completed.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll have to keep my eye out for it! Iā€™m completely green to PD but I really wanna start diving in soon.
BTW, is there a link for the Bytebeat patch anywhere?

I started using expr~ for bybeat stuff because i could not get the python script external to work properly on arch. It dynamically creates the bytebeat~ with python inside the patch so it became way eaisier to use expr~ and fexpr for bytebeat code.

Iā€™ll look for that one

hi. Iā€™m very new to the organelle and I just downloaded fluidsynth.
How do it install it ? Iā€™ve tried to drag the .zip to the utilities folder of the organelle but it gets stuck on the ā€œInstallationā€¦ā€ page whenever I try to open it.
thanks for your help

It s a bit of tricky. You have to install fluidsynth first on your organelle.

@TonyLB How do I do that ? thanks

Iā€™m sorry but I donā€™t have time to search the link right now. But itā€™s on the forum , look for fluidsynth. If youā€™re on the organelle M the installation might not work on the sd card.
Iā€™ve been running those patches and a few one were cool but the whole thing was a bit wobbly so Iā€™ve gave up.

All the Legacy synths are now being updated for M

1 Like

whenever I try to install FluidSynth or LADSPA on my organelle M, the screen stays stuck on ā€œSutting Down ā€¦ā€. anyone know what the problem might be ?
thanks !!

you need to install it by hand for the new organelle of you changed your organelle etcā€¦

1 Like

Thanks to take the time to reply !
Could you describe the manœuvre more precisely step by step if itā€™s not too much to ask ? Thanks a lot

1 Like

I had the same issues in regards to the LADSPA plugins but I managed to install them manually on the Organelle-M.

Hereā€™s a brief tutorial on how I did it for those who feel comfortable enough using the terminal. Please follow at your own risk.

1 - Open the terminal

2 - Re-mount the storage as read/write to be able to copy the files. Use the command:
sudo /home/music/scripts/remount-rw.sh

3 - Copy the Install-LADPSA (unzipped) folder to the Patches directory inside your SD card.

4 - Enter the 3 commands to manually create the folder and copy the files from the install folder:
sudo mkdir -p /usr/lib/ladspa
sudo cp -f /sdcard/Patches/Install-LADSPA/so/* /usr/lib/ladspa/
sudo cp -f /sdcard/Patches/Install-LADSPA/ladspa.h /usr/include

5 - Restart the Organelle.

I also installed fluidsynth manually since I couldnā€™t get the installer to work correctly on my Organelle-M.
Hereā€™s how I did it:

1 - Follow steps 1 and 2 from the steps I listed above.

2 - Copy the Install-FluidSynth (unzipped) folder to the Patches directory.

3 - Download the fluidLoops instrument from Patchstorage, copy the libfluidsynth.so.1 file included in the Organelle-M folder to the Install-FluidSynth folder (replacing the existing one). This is important as it seems that the file that is included in the FluidSynth zip is not compatible with the Organelle-M.

4 - Copy the files using the commands:
sudo cp -f /sdcard/Patches/Install-FluidSynth/libfluidsynth* /usr/lib
sudo cp -f /sdcard/Patches/Install-FluidSynth/fluidsynth /usr/bin

5 - Restart the Organelle.

Once again, since youā€™ll have to re-mount the storage as rewritable, make sure that youā€™re being careful since you could end up messing up other important files if youā€™re not paying attention.

3 Likes