Fluidsynth~ Vintage Synth Series: JUPITER 2.2 update

they need to go in /usr/lib por favor

Just tried this out, sounds really great, can’t wait to try the update.

I’m curious cause I am new to all of this, but this seems to be the only patch I’ve seen that has come from using the fluidsynth, are there any others out there of any kind?

Is the Vintage Emulation Set created exclusively for Critter & Guitari. You wont find these on patchstorage because the Soundfonts are too big there are

PM me regarding the Organalogue, Metamorph & World Music Versions

I can’t get working the sequencer & reverb in the vintage synths patches :pensive:. Is it something about installing anyrhing else besides LADSPA or Fluidsynth??

make sure you have pd-extended libraries i am assuming new o/s stuff will require updates such is the nature of the beast

i will be back to CT soon and i’ll look at the problem

kind regards

Patrick Pagano B.S, M.F.A

Assistant Professor in Residence

Digital Media & Design

Web & Interactive Technologies

University of Connecticut, Stamford

(352)-226-2016

After I install FluidSynth, can I delete it from my USB?

yes, you do not need to keep the install

Man, I know you get this quite a bit I’m sure. But I just gotta say. I’ve only had my Organelle for maybe a week and a half. And already, everything you’ve provided has been amazing. I’m pretty sure 20% of what’s in my patches are what it came with and from random folks. The rest are from patches you’ve shared.

Thanks again!

my pleasure.
Oweno and the C&G facilitated my time for the users so i could develop a set of patches that in my mind helped make the Organelle a true Electro-acoustic instrument for performance, research and development.
My research specifically the past two years has been preserving the code that has been written for Pure Data since right around 1996. I first ran Pd on SGI in 95 but really did not start actively using it till a year later so it’s a joy and a frustration and a passion and an obsession – all the things good art should be.

So its nice to hear that.
I am announcing my book at a TEDx this month in Stamford, CT entitled “Pure Data Ephemeral”

An Advanced Catalog of Pure Data Libraries Abstractions and Instruments from 1996-2018 and there is a chapter on the organelle that i look forward to sharing when it’s completed.

I’ll have to keep my eye out for it! I’m completely green to PD but I really wanna start diving in soon.
BTW, is there a link for the Bytebeat patch anywhere?

I started using expr~ for bybeat stuff because i could not get the python script external to work properly on arch. It dynamically creates the bytebeat~ with python inside the patch so it became way eaisier to use expr~ and fexpr for bytebeat code.

I’ll look for that one