GrainStorm - flexible granular synth for pad, soundscape and lead sounds

Download the patch here —> https://patchstorage.com/grainstorm-ver1-0/
This is my first patch for the Organelle, I hope you guys enjoy it!
It’s great for making rich pad sounds, especially with the reverb freeze function. Emulating real instruments is also possible with some careful adjustments of the grain parameters. By holding down a note or chord and changing the grain start position, you can get some really cool effects.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
GrainStorm is a granular synthesizer that repeats a short grain of audio from a designated recording to produce anything from rich pad sounds to imitations of real instruments. It comes with 10 pre-loaded samples which can be replaced with any .wav file under 8 seconds long.

Pressing the Aux button will toggle the reverb feedback rate to 100% resulting in an infinite sustain loop for massive pad soundscapes.

It supports 4 voices with a modifiable attack/release envelope and a lowpass filter that affects the overall signal.

1) Grain
– This page houses the main granular settings to change the length, rate and position of the grain.
1: Start Pos. – Select the starting position of the grain.
2: Length – Change the length of the grain in ms.
3: Density – Change the grain repeat rate.
4: Width – Changes the stereo width.

2) Envelope/Filter
– Here, the amplitude envelope and filter parameters can be changed.
1: Attack – Amplitude attack.
2: Release – Amplitude release.
3: Cutoff – Lowpass cutoff.
4: Resonance – Lowpass resonance.

3) Reverb
– Mix and adjust the reverb effect.
1: Mix – Set the wet/dry mix.
2: Length – Tail length/room size.
3: Freq – Frequency at which the damping will affect.
4: Damping – Level of high frequency damping.

4) File
– Choose from 10 audio files to load. These can be replaced with any < 8 second .wav file.
1: File – Select a file to load.
Aux: Load.

*There are a still few bugs to squash in this version so if you encounter any or have any suggestions please let me know!

http://www.maxcarrey.com

5 Likes

Looking forward to trying this out!

Having my first tryout with this now, sounding great! Thanks for sharing. :+1:
Addendum: Yeah this is seriously great, the fact that the files can be as long as that couoled with the ability to scrub through dynamically. I may be mistaken but i dont think that has happened in a granular patch for organelle yet. Nice one!

Thanks! I had trouble finding a granular patch so I decided to make my own.