How to add new patches

I’m sort of new here, is there something I’m supposed to be doing besides unzipping the folders and copying them into the patches folder? None of the patches I add ever open

Do the patches not open when you select them? or not show up at all in the Organelle menu? The main patches folder must be name ‘Patches’ (capital P)

yes they show up but don’t open when I select them

That is strange. So nothing happens when you select? screen goes blank and nothing shows up? This could be an issue with the USB drive itself. You can reformat the drive and start fresh, or try a different USB drive… If reformatting the drive make sure it is a FAT file format.

Hi,
I’m a french newcomer organelle user and I have the same problem

dl newpatches, unzip with 7ZIP, copy/paste on the usb drive, in the Patches folder…

I can select the “old patches”, the factory patches in the usb usb drive when i buy it, but i can’t select the new ones that I dl on patchstorage…
few seconds after I select it, the screen goes back on the active patch page…

I udpate my organelle wth the 2.0 os, it seems to work, but i still don’t open the new patches

File path for patches on this OS should go like this:
ORGANELLE//
Patches//
Patch Name//
Patch contents, including a main.pd file

Double check that the ZIP program hasn’t created a folder Patch Name within another Patch Name folder, i’ve had this issue before i think.

SOLVED, thank you Wannop!

this is it, my zip program created new folder inside the root’s one

1 Like

Hi everyone,

First of all, I wish you a happy new year.

I’ve recently purchased an Organelle M, and I was wondering how could I actually add patches in it? I’ve looked around the site “patchstorage” and I’ve got excited with some patches (for instance the Mellotron or the xylophone). The problem is that I don’t know how to store them in my Organelle. I’ve downloaded the patches, unzipped them, put them on a usb key, and then put the key into the machine, but it shows nothing…I own an old macbook pro from 2009.

I’m a newbie (not to say a disabled monkey) regarding technologies, I’m still recording on a 4 tracks recorder, and I really need some of your help to start my “rummaging”.

(I’m French, so please excuse my English).
I hope that some of you would bring me some help. Cheers.

Hi,
Happy New Year! I think your questions will be answered here:
https://www.critterandguitari.com/manual?m=Organelle_M_Manual#4-managing-patches

If you don’t want to use your USB key for patches, you can use the included WiFi adapter to transfer patches from your computer to your Organelle’s microSD card. More here: https://www.critterandguitari.com/manual?m=Organelle_M_Manual#54-patch-manager

1 Like