Information about the OS / keyboard-layout

hi,

where can I find any further information about the operating system !? just want to configure some basical things, german-keyboard-layout for instance (especially for the X-system), the filemanager (PCManFM) is not remembering set preferences et cetera …

thanks for any hints + best
stefan

ok, I figured it out on my own (the keyboard-layout-issure), maybe it’s helpful for someone else as well:

as the OS is arch-linux, the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-keyboard.conf has to be created and should contain (for instance in case of a german-language-keyboard) the following:

Section "InputClass"
Identifier "keyboard"
MatchIsKeyboard "yes"
Option “XkbLayout” "de"
Option “XkbVariant” "nodeadkeys"
EndSection

and as the filesystem is mounted read-only you first have to remount it:

mount / -o remount,rw

(as it can be found here _> Using a wifi adapter)

2 Likes

another thing is: how to set the systemtime premantly !?

eg, date -s ‘Fri Dec 30 08:50:00 UTC 2016’ works fine, but organelle switches back after a restart !?

I received my organelle yesterday and immediately ran in to similar issues when using an Azerty keyboard. So I started digging through every post i could find on the forum regarding keyboard layout and came across your post.
I followed your instructions but used following configuration:

Section “InputClass”
Identifier “keyboard”
MatchIsKeyboard “on”
Option “XkbLayout” “be”
Option “XkbVariant” “nodeadkeys”
EndSection

startx now launches with belgian keyboard support. yay!
Thanks a lot.

1 Like

To make the permanent correct keyboard setting for the console (i.e. the screen from where you do startx)
I created a file /etc/vconsole.conf (make sure you mounted your filesystem rw)
In which I put 1 line:

KEYMAP=be-latin1

I now have the correct layout when (re)booting my organelle.

I have problems with my German-keyboard layout configuration. I mounted the file-system from “ro” to “rw”. I opened the sudo raspi-config and put the keybout to German layout.

After reboot, I see that my settings have been taken, the keys I press on my keyboard dont match to the characters I get on my screen. For example, if I press keys like Ü, Ö, Ä … I get different characters,

I dont know what I am doing wrong.

be stands for Belgian?

So I need to put there de-latin1, right?