Kernel compilation

not the one compiled… I think it has 0 timeout, id assume I could rebuild uboot and extend that, but then I introduce another variable.
did come across a few odd things whilst trying:
a) if I press esc on my mac usb keyboard wildly whilst booting, I can see more messages, so it is doing something, just doesnt drop into u-boot
b) my mac keyboard does not work when organelle drops into the bash prompt !?
though a wireless keyboard i have works fine… but unfortunately is not initialised during uboot
c) because of (a) , even during a ‘good’ boot, I can see uboot is initially complaining about not finding zImage etc, but obviously then later does find it, and boot it… perhaps this is normal

hmm, not sure if i should try to rebuild u-boot now, given I’m a bit unsure if my mac keyboard will work (and i dont have another to use)… and if its going to tell me much.

also i dont think the issue is uboot… since, if I replace the zImage (kernel) I can move between it working and not working, so from this my assumption is, the kernel is building loaded from /boot/zImage … so the error I’m seeing is from the kernel NOT uboot… which means uboot is seeing the mmc ok, since its loading zImage from it.
its rather the kernel, that has the issue accessing mmc, I think to load the root fs.

perhaps something has changed in the device overlays during 3.14 dev, seems odd , to make changes like that in a minor kernel update.