Modules for the Orac

I think the envelope knob should actually allow finer adjustments, but the display truncates the number to one decimal place.
Its a bit confusing, I should probably make the range 0-100 instead.

Wannop: Most of the other modules in the repository are unfinished, some are just placeholders for ideas :slight_smile:
I have one or two more that are pretty close so hopefully I’ll post them this weekend.
I also posted a MuChord module in the module development thread a while back.

edit: Also to explain mode 4 a bit, its is ‘random ping pong’ mode. Its like the normal ping pong loop mode (the sample plays forward then in reverse) but instead of always changing directions at the end of the sample, the direction reverses at a different random point in the sample each time.
edit 2: Just realized random ping pong is actually mode 5. Mode 4 is ‘random cut’, basically this just choose a random section of buffer to play each time, kinda like granular playback. Next release I want to add more control so you can control the size of each section more.

3 Likes

Figured I’d get some versions out now so I can fix any issues before I update for 1.1.
All packages are available here:

The new modules are:
U-audio2midi
monophonic audio to note converter. Fairly glitchy but can have interesting results!

S-polyfolder
polyphonic synth based on polyfolder, now also has LFOs for pitch and folding depth.

F-shimmer
An attempt at the Eno/Lanois pitch shift + reverb feedback loop effect.
Parameters are explained here:
https://github.com/adbrant/orac_dev/blob/master/orac/modules/F-shimmer/README

U-ottorhythm
Drum machine and bass/chord generator based on Ottorhythmichord and apollostation
Parameters are explained here:

14 Likes

Just put up a couple modules people can try out here:

Warpdelay is a pitch/direction shifting delay, Notegen is a probabilistic midi note generator, and Clockswing is a version of U-clock with swing and humanization controls.

16 Likes

These are all fantastic @WyrdAl, thanks so much for sharing man.

The humanized ‘clockswing’ module is fantastic. Can I feature request? :slight_smile: Aux button for global clock start/stop?

Going to work on another conversion of my own this week, we’ll see if it works. Sampler Style REC. :crossed_fingers:

amazing stuff! these are fantastic!

Yep suggestions are welcome! I can give that a try next update.

1 Like

@wo3 - really loving both DUST and TITAN modules here, ty so much for making these! Something I noticed:

I have loaded Polybeats, TITAN, DUST, Space Delay (in 1x10 modules 0, 1, 2, 3)

After making a new preset, switching back to “Default” preset, and then coming back to the saved one, DUST seems to disappear from the m2 slot and the module no longer passes audio.

Not sure if this is to do with the DUST module, or orac itself. Repeating the same process with a couple other modules did not yield the same result. On the other hand it IS similar to something I encountered previously, (already reported in ORAC bugs) with a completely different set of modules. In any case I wanted to note the issue before I forget exactly what I was doing when it happened (and really, mostly so I can have a record of it to be able to retest with 1.1 beta.

Anyway I am guessing not much will happen with updating modules until the orac update but just in case this is helpful to someone at any point, it’s documented now :slight_smile:

We converted C&G Additive Synth to the Orac. Added ADSR page, and added dynamic cpu control so it behaves better in the orac environment. still very cpu heavy so it will definitely lag if you run it with other expensive synths and samplers. But effects and sequencers seem fine. We even tested two running together and it was working well.

Patchstorage Link

reminder, this is the organelle specific zip called a .zop, to minimize issues. put this (or upload this) in the patches folder. than scroll to it on the organelle and install!*

also here’s the .zip S-additive.zip (10.5 KB)

8 Likes

Another C+G conversion from us :slight_smile: . This one is of Rhythm Delay+Distort. The Polybeats function is gone and any incoming notes trigger the delays and distortions. Notes are modulated into the 1-24 range and trigger the 12 delays and 12 distorts. 1-12 are delay bursts ranging in length(1 is the shortest, 12 longest), 13-24 are distortion bursts with various intensities.

So the Idea is that you can send any kind of sequencer to this module and then a sound form a parallel sequence. Or in serial it behaves as an effect triggered by the incoming note based sounds.

patchstorage link!

6 Likes

yes yes yesssssssssss! i wanted to try this myself but couldn’t figure it out :smiley:

1 Like

My first port, I’ll wait for Orac 1.1 for a patchstorage release. I still need to find out how to package these modules.

May I present: A port of the Roganelle by @fuurthur

Beware: It’s a CPU hog. I should be compatible being loaded multiple times, but I couldn’t test. I don’t have OSC Proxy set up and the organelle can only handle one instance at a time.

3 Likes

Obviously when over committed and time poor the best thing to do is spend a couple of hours making a new Organelle patch!

I put the meadowphysics external into an Orac module basically

other people did all the hard work - I just wired it up. If you have a grid and an Organelle and Orac you can find it here https://patchstorage.com/meadowphysics-for-orac/

13 Likes

Thanks you that’s so cool !!

1 Like

Thanks for this, looking forward to getting to use it, had some trouble installing though.

i think segmenti would be really useful as an orac module. i want to try but i would not be sad if someone else beat me to the punch =)

What were your troubles? I must admit, I didn’t really test that part. I just uploaded the orac module folder.

The package didn’t unzip into the main patches or orac folder as usual. I tried it a couple places, using the browser (organelle.local) and on the organelle, though I don’t remember if I tried just using the file system on the usb drive… I got called away and never got the chance to circle back.

I suppose I can use it as an opportunity to start looking @technobear 's docs to figure out how to convert and package patches for Orac… just had too many irons in the fire to dedicate time properly. I’ll let you know if I manage to get it set up.

Mostly just wanted to give you a heads up! Also that patch is amazing, great choice.

1 Like

Whoa, thank you! Looking forward to installing it! (I hope it works with my older grid 64 so I can use the 128 with norns at the same time) :smiley:

1 Like

Meadowphysics probably will I think - although the rules options live in the right side

Kria or white whale certainly won’t. I’ve figured a scheme for making Kria work with Orac but now I find myself thinking of porting the newer ansible version - these externals are from the Aleph code. I like the Ansible versions better - although TBH both meadow physics have their strengths. The newer Kria is just better :slight_smile:

Whitewhale is pointless without what ever @thetechnobear is going to do for modulation busses - it’s all about modulation. So I’ll wait for 1.1 before even considering that (& no promises - if someone is thinking of making it work don’t let me stop anyone)

2 Likes