Orac: Bug reports

I found a small bug in the U-chordroll module. One of the chord notes (the third one from left to right, when you open the patch in pd) isn’t updated with the correct root note. Easily fixed by changing “r croll_root-$1” to “r croll-$1-root”, so that it looks the same as the other chord notes. See attached image for clarification.

I’ve gotten brds to lock up one time: I had a quite intense sequence running, and was changing Shape rapidly. my chain was arper > chord roll > braids. I can’t repeat it, and sadly didn’t think of noting the values on the screen when it occured. sorry that I can’t be of more help.

thanks, will check that out.

brds - i think there is a combination of values which blows up the MI engine, but I just havent figured it out yet.
I think its probably some value that a particular shape does not like… so when the shape gets changed to it, it falls over… its not new/unique to orac, but I think now more people are playing with brds we are just tripping over it more frequently.

saving does not work for me. i watched “Orac: modular synth for organelle,” on youtube–the part where Mark saves the patch–i watched over and over. I do all the steps. it sometimes seems to work but when i turn off the organelle and back on, no dice.
can anyone please help?

You need to do preset-> update , then save

thank you. I wondered if it were an order of operations thing.

Hey,

totally buzzing at the prospect of Orac. I have been playing with it and I am not sure if this constitutes a bug but the Polybeats module does not appear to contain any actual beats? In the demo video’s they all show drum modules but I cannot find any within the Orac patch.

Probably me just being ignorant / stupid or both but does this make sense to anyone?

Thanks in advance :wink:

pretty sure one of the samplers is full of drum sounds! if not you can always load some up

also if you have decent speakers download S_TITAN from patch storage!

@junklight thanks for the speedy reply chap.

I will keep fiddling (the fun part) I am downloading S_TITAN now. How do I load it into Orac? Is that what @thetechnobear covers in his ‘module developers guide’ video?

I seem to remember that s_TITAN needed copying across unfortunately - so copy it to wherever you have patches (I’ve got everything on the SD card and 'scp’d it across)

worth it though :wink:

This is not a bug report but a suggestion to add to the huge list…

I think that the pitch parameter in clouds should not be stepped, it should be capable of pitches in between perfect quantities. When lfo modules appear, this will give greater opportunity for an organic feeling of motion in sound. This thought could be extended to some other modules and parameters too.
I’m not sure if perhaps this might add stress to the cpu load of the orac patch. :face_with_monocle: