Orac : release 1.0

not gonna muck with the hardware just yet but i have the ZOIA type system that has [if i use the letter indicators, i think i got them correctly

So they need to be already made into organelle ready patches i assume?

F-reverb
F-cubist
Fparametric eq
F-soundflip
F-Pan
F-Compressor
F-Phlanger
F-Filter
F-Lofi
F-Distortion
F-Delay

S-PLuck
S-Synth2
S-WaveShaper
S-Drummer
S-mini-Drum
S-Blip
S-Square

Sequencer/Clock

All are limited to just 4 knobs for control and buttons for on/off ease of use i think they would fit into nicely into this if i have understood it properly

pp

1 Like

Congrats Mark!! @thetechnobear “new worlds” to Organelle!!
Here’s :beers: to great ideas and achievements, (oh so much more then just modules and post-it :wink:

1 Like

see the developer thread, Ive got a video on how to make Orac modules, its pretty trivial really…

Orac modules can be multi page, this is built in, again covered in the dev video.

2 Likes

yeah i had not seen that when i sent this i will download them and see what shakes

4 Likes

more than Id admit too … but its a continuation from Kontrol, so been going on a while.
no-one noticed, but the reason the ‘Patch’ name was in the main menu, was because it was there to select a new module :wink:

(the modules actually didnt take that long, mainly the infrastructure work took most time)

(I’ll give a brief answer, if anyone seriously wants to go this way then we can do this on a dev thread)

a very good question, which I have thrown around my head a bit …

I think it could done quite easily…
basically every module is a patch, so basically these would become pd~ , so that handles the audio routing.

the second part is parameter routing which is done via send/receive.
this actually is easy to solve, as its part of the design to allow ‘remote control’, so we could already ‘proxy’ the send/receives via that OSC comms (as a first stab) , however, the C++ code is well structured, such that it would be simple enough to move this over to use shared memory (or similar) to make it a bit quicker if required.

so yeah, I think very possible for multi core platforms.

Man, this is legendary. Can’t wait to try…but forgive my ignorance. What the heck is Zop and how do I open it to instal, or where do I put it

1 Like

ZOP = zipped organelle patch

you need Organelle OS 3.0+ (oops, need to add that to top post!)

just copy it to you Organelle drive in your Patches directory, then you will be presented with an option on the menu - ‘Install orac’ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

HAHA! Thank you!

1 Like

Lets see if someone goes… its too expensive… or the likes.

1 Like

That is very nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh man oh man oh man wow!!

1 Like

having a bit of a play - it doesn’t fail gracefully when you overload it :slight_smile:

I’ll have a root out of your upgrade thread I think - this patch means it’s probably worth doing!

Orac is going to be fun! A whole new direction for the Organelle. A huge thanks to @thetechnobear for all his work on this!

8 Likes

This is fantastic,thankyou,thankyou,thankyou!

1 Like

It’s amazing!!! Thank you!

1 Like

amazing work @thetechnobear as always! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Can I ask if the frame work will allow for internal modulation modules with some kind of routing to other module’s parameters? LFOs and the like?

3 Likes

This is AMAZING Mark! Thank you!

I am already having a lot of fun with this.

I have a few questions:

• can sound sources have their own input midi channels?
  • when I press the rotary coder’s button to access a patches menu (Elements, for example), it always displays the default menu first, and then switches back to the relevant screen. Am I doing something wrong?
1 Like

yes, planned for 1.1, already in my dev version - i need to finalise the UI, and also create a few modulation source modules.

basically the way I have it so far is:

• there are a number of ‘modulation buses’
  • you can attach something like an LFO/sequencer etc too a modulation bus
  • then there is a ‘modulation learn’ function that operates similar to midi learn, so you wiggle a parameter, then learn which modulation bus will feed it.
    (and like midi learn, a modulation bus, can modulate multiple parameters)

again it has to be simple, and also i want module developers to be able to create weird and wonderful modulation modules, as well as the stock lfo/env… so byte beat, or gravity modulators :slight_smile:

well that’s the way i have it at the moment, but as its development, it may change before release.

probably for the stock modulator, i’ll probably have multiple source modulators in one module, just to keep the module count down.
btw: Orac doesn’t care if its 10 or 30 module slots, it could be lots more… but we have to be realistic on what the hardware will support, and also so the routing modules are 'managable in your head ’ :slight_smile:

4 Likes

each chain, can have an individual midi channel.
e.g. if you have 3x3+1, that’s 3 chains, each can be fed from a different midi channel.
(I think this is coved in my video)

advanced tip: Router modules can be written in PD, so the ones I provided are not the only possible configurations… i had a few to start, just to keep things sane :slight_smile:

im not sure what you mean…

so to switch modules you use ENC+AUX, (or enc+key1-10), this then displays the parameters. if the module has multiple pages (like elements) you turn the encoder to get to other pages.

the menu is brought up by pressing the encoder (and let go) then turn the encoder to select a menu item ,then press… if you don’t press or turn for a while, it will return back to the parameters for that module.

I guess what your referring to as the patches menu is the module select menu?
you use this to change the module type in a particular slot, and yes, that’s a sub menu of the modules main menu, so you always see that first…
so you select it from the menu, then scroll thru the modules types to find the one you want and the click the encoder to select.
(if you don’t click anything, or turn, it will return to the parameter page after a short while)

(all a lot harder to describe, than see/use I think :slight_smile: )

1 Like