you’ll need an sdcard writer for your computer. then :
- download the 3.0 image from http://thepeacetreaty.org/organelle/diskimages/
- download etcher , from http://etcher.io
- pop out the microsd card from your Organelle
- insert sdcard into writer on your computer
- start etcher, select the image you downloaded, and your sdcard , write image
- pop sdcard into organelle (carefully, dont drop it inside the case )
its quick and easy to do, once you’ve done it once.
thats it, the whole OS is replaced, so like new…
if that doesn’t work, I wonder if something is wrong with the usb port (I assume you tried both?!)
all really odd, whilst I’ve seen on here lots with issues with bad usb sticks, when they replaced the stick with a decent quality one, the issue has been resolved.
good luck i hope you get it resolved.