Organelle key & notes

Hello,

i would like to know if someone can explain me the correlation between the organelle keys and the music notes. starting from left to right.

appreciate your help

thanks

caco

what do you mean? from a playing or patching perspective?

the left most key (with LED above it) is the AUX key, and is a ‘function’ key, so different patches use it differently e.g. start/stop sequencer, or whatever they fancy (see patch description)

the rest, form a chromatic scale, like a piano, starting from middle C , aka midi note 60 … (depending upon manufacture = C3,C4, or C5)

of course a patch might then transpose the keys using a parameter, or some other method (e.g. a footswitch),
or even use them for something completely different - which is the fun of such a flexible platform, its up to the patch.

from a PD patching perspective
[r aux] supplies 0/1 for the aux key
[r notes] provides an array of two values note number and velocity , for organelle keys, as stated above it starts from midi note 60, and also velocity is fixed to 100 (on) and 0 (off)

note:
if MIDI in is active, then it will also generate [r note] messages, which is how patches can be played either via the organelles keys, or an external midi controller. (in the later case, velocity is not fixed to 100)

from a raw OSC perspective ,
there is an OSC message /key ii where first param is key number 0 to 25 (0 = aux) , and 1 to 24 are the chromatic keys, and the second number is either 0 (off) or 1 (on)

not sure if that answers your question or not, since Im a bit unclear what the question was… so answered as comprehensively as i could :wink:

image0

also maybe this will help - a visual guide to the musical notes on a piano/organelle

it was very helpful in deed! cheers!

thanks, visual aid is also very helpful.

what spells fun?
whoever organized this beautiful chart.

Wow! Looks like somebody put a lot of time into this.

This chart was generated from a python script, attached for anyone interested:

ppchords-svg.py (14.6 KB)

woooooow. so great to see that. Thanks for sharing. I half-assed started re-organizing this document, graphically, to be organized by chords in each key. You’ve made me want to dig deeper into python, because it seems like there might be a faster way to code that.

superb!!! cheers dude!