Organelle software open source?

I bought the PiSound too and it seems like a nice product. I’m still lusting for a Organelle though. Just have to save up my pennies…

There’s a USED one for Sale @ Control BTW

What is “Control”?

nope, Im not really a fan of Python, especially on low powered devices.

my first iteration is using my Push2 as a control surface using my own C++ code directly talking to it.
I might add a small Juce/C++ app, if I decide I want to have control via the 7" touchscreen Ive got connected to it, but its a lower priority at the moment.
(the only thing that might bump it, is it might be useful for testing some of the current dev work I’m doing)

yeah, thats kind of the direction I went, Ive DIY solutions (bela, pisound,axoloti) , but I wanted to add something for more immediate patching/music making … so added an Organelle (and then promptly started doing a whole lot of development for it :wink: )

Another reason I like the idea of PiSound is that I had this idea that I could make a small box with a number of controls like the Organelle but no built-in keyboard. I’d then use a small USB-MIDI keyboard plugged into the box to have a full 2-3 octaves and better keys. In fact, it might be nice if the box included a small speaker so you could play the unit with just the box and the MIDI keyboard. However, there is still a lot of appeal in the Organelle for presenting an all-in-one solution (minus the speaker).

Has anyone tried the quad core SOM in the Organelle?

yes, I’ve got the quad core, WiFi in one of my organelle

Thanks! I had missed that post. Do you have to break any seals to open the Organelle to plug in the quad core module?

no… though of course, if you break it , its your own problem. - its easy to do though, so unlikely.

one small issue, I found after the other post… was when its ‘cold’ , you have to plug in the power, then unplug it, then plug it in again… this is a known issue with the build we are using, if I ever manage to build the kernel, then I will be able to fix it.

also… bare in mind , just like a rPI, this is using passive cooling, so if you crank up all 4 cores its going to get warm,… so you need to be careful, and ensure you allow cpu scaling when hitting the processors hard for long periods, other wise you can damage the cores.
(cpu scaling is disabled by default, so I turn it on when im going to do things like compiling, which are high cpu loads for long periods of time)