and I guess your not seeing anything on the OLED excepting , “running OTC”
unfortunately, Ive no idea whats doing on…,
- the error "shared memfd open() failed: Function not implemented” always appears, its not an issue (same on mine)
- you have done a clean 2.1 install, the same as i have done, so the software cannot be any different.
- its not the monitor, because OTC will start and report details in the otc_mother.log file even if there is no monitor attached
- its not about not finding the Modes, since again, this would be reported in the otc_mother.log file.
- Im assuming your Organelle is working ok with PD patches, so that means the 2.1 install you have done, is OK
- the otc_install.log appear to be fine (same as mine)
- if for some reason python (or any component) fails to load, this should be in the otc_mother.log
… and then we have the fact that no-one else has had any issues, whilst 100% proof, it does seem to indicate, its ok for at least a few organelles, even if they have been in use (i.e. are not clean installs)
Im assuming for some reason Python is ‘stalling’ at startup before it even runs any code (there is a ‘starting’ message, as the first line of code, which your not getting) … but no idea why, as its not reporting any errors (even if Python crashed, there woud be something in the otc_mother.log)
I really just don’t get it… a clean install, followed by otc_install, followed by otc_mother… has worked countless times on my organelles - and that process, means your organelle must be running identical software to mine*, and so should work exactly the same.
(*) assuming your SD card or USB drive is no corrupting data - but Im sure if this was the case, you would have had issues with other Organelle patches by now.
in an ‘ideal’ world, we’d take your sd card and put it in another Organelle to see if it runs… or give you a known SD card image… but unfortunately my internet connection is way to slow for me to upload a 3.4GB disk image.
so we’re a bit stuck.
weird, usb keyboards are pretty standard… sure the symbols might be in different places, but Id expect all usb keyboards to work - i use a wireless one and that also worked ‘out of the box’
… anyway, I think the above tests probably makes this a moot point, since it seems its not a monitor issue.
sounds like your Organelle is being a bit of a diva