Resonator Patch

Hi folks, Bob Dylan here. I had an idea for a patch I would absolutely love to see and I wanted to know if anybody is working on something like this, or if there is one out there already, etc?

Not sure if anybody here is familiar with Cecilia5 but it’s an audio manipulation program with tons amazing amazing patches (lots of granular stuff) and there’s an effect on it that I always found was very handy and produced very interesting effects. Essentially it’s a frequency generator that resonates when a transient is detected. Can make anything sound like a chime.

It would be amazing if there was a patch where you could adjust the frequency, the sensitivity, and the mix. Not sure how easy it would be to make in PD (I know nothing about PD so it’d definitely be over my head! I’m Bob Dylan after all!!) but it’s definitely something I know I’d get a lot of use out of.

Also FYI everyone should download Cecilia5. It’s free and infinitely fun. Especially if you like granular synthesis.

1 Like

Hi Bob, I’ll check out the Cecilia5 sounds cool. There is lots stuff like this to try on the Organelle using granular, tuned delays / comb filters, or spectral processing techniques. The granular patches do some of this already, and we are planning on building out these capabilities even more!

1 Like

bob
we’re about to release csound for organelle~
so you can run all of cecilia in organelle VERY SOON

Patrick

3 Likes

@bobdylan I don’t anything about Cecilia… but if your after a resonator…

MI Elements (lmnts) features a resonator, which the external input can be driven thru, and is available now. (see the mutable instruments thread for download details… also for link to MI product info, which describes it)

… I will also be releasing Rings (rngs), which also is a resonator, in a similar vain to Elements, but slightly different, again details on other thread.

(both are extremely popular modules in the eurorack world)

1 Like

Actually?!?!! ! !!> >?! Holy hell that’s a dream come true!! Very exciting news!!

oOOoOoOOH good to know! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Gonna give lmnts a shot later tonight! Looking forward to the rngs.

Btw: one input channel goes via the ‘blow’ exciter then the resonator, the other goes straight to the resonator.
Sorry I can’t remember off hand which is left and which is right. Put blow level to 0% and it should be obvious.

2 Likes

nice. i just ordered a PLONK so i am loving the Physm Modelling stuff coming out

2 Likes