Sample player with tap tempo

So I’m looking to buy a sampler/sample player and there are certain functions I need to have for it to work in a live setting.

First on is tap tempo (as we have a drummer and we all know they’re not able to keep a steady rhythm).

Second is a one-shot function just for those time you just want to press the goddamn button ansd continue to dance while the sample is running on its own.

I checked out the Beats & Pieces-patch but it lacks the tap tempo function. Is there a way to modify it so that the aux button can enable that?

Any other suggestions?

Thx in advance

Ps I know nothing about PD so I would need help with this if it’s actually possible:)

What you are talking about is a custom patch in a way and i am not sure what you mean here

“Second is a one-shot function just for those time you just want to press the goddamn button and continue to dance while the sample is running on its own”

If it’s a “one-shot” function the sample would play once then stop. That is my understanding of a “one shot” perhaps that is not what you mean.

Tap-tempo is not trivial because 1.) Are you syncing to an external midi clock? Or are YOU the master clock? having a NON-synced sample etc. respond to your taps might be easy but if you want to control everything That’s a bigger job.

Honestly, like i said you might want to have a custom patch if you want to use this for live performance certainly then you can have it exactly as you want without having to make trade-off by modifying "Bits&Pieces} etc.

With one shot I meant for an example an organ chord sample which might be 10 sec long I just want to press the button once (not holding it down for the entire 10 sec). Sorry if being unclear.

As for tap tempo, yeah I would be the master clock, tapping my finger to the beat of our drummer so that the sample would gel nicely with whatever tempo our drummer deems right for the moment.

Another thing that came to mind is that it needs to be able to play more than one sample at a time.

I’ve been researching a bunch of samplers but there are few standalone units out there who would function without a computer (I understand that I need a computer to the Organelle when loading it with samples but I could leave the computer at home when doing live shows). There just seem to be endless possibilites with the Organelle so that’s why I’m asking all these questions:)