Sticky Wooden Key

Hi all, I am the very happy owner of an Organelle. However, as of recent I have encountered a problem. It was a minor issue at first, but has now escalated to where one key (B flat in the higher octave) stays down if played and will only come up with some serious effort (literally grabbing and trying to pull the key back up, often unsuccessfully). When the problem originated it would only stay down in certain positions and was rectified easily by turning the organelle over. I was wondering if anybody with more experience than I in these subjects has a good at-home sort of solution or suggestion to remedy this issue? To describe the key more accurately, it honestly just looks too large to fit through the opening, where each other key is clearly thin enough and have enough wiggle room to rattle a little. It’s not a HUGE deal since I use another MIDI keyboard to play the organelle in most situations, but sometimes when I’m at home I do like to play around on the keys and this is sort of limiting my ability to do so freely. Thanks!

1 Like

Where are you located? I could send you a key if you’re in the UK. Otherwise I suspect c&g would be happy to provide one. I also discovered a simple fix is to just squeeze the wooden key evenly around it’s sides with a pair of pliers, maybe using a bit of cloth to soften the grip and stop it getting damaged by the teeth of the pliers.

I actually emailed C&G them and they offered to fix it, but thank you! That actually sounds like it would have been worth trying, I’ll keep it in mind if it ever comes up again.

1 Like