Using LADSPA Plugins

id guess this is reference to using the sd card …
(ive never heard it called an extended drive though)

if so, id say, enjoy the organelle just using the usb stick for now… hopefully a new image will be released soon, that will make it easier to use the sd card, then you can consider this option.

one thing, if you are using the tiny white USB stick that used to come with the Organelle, Id recommend you replace this with a new one from someone like SanDisk ( get a 8 or 16gb one) … the white one has proven quite unreliable for some, and when it fails, it can lead to a frustrating experience.
something like the one C&G now sell (but you can get elsewhere easy enough)
https://www.critterandguitari.com/collections/accessories/products/organelle-usb-drive

LADSPA, yes your assumption are correct, there is an ‘installer’ which you download and run as you would any other patch (however, once run, it can be deleted)… then you can run patches that say they require LADSPA.
(if your using the usbstick this all should just work, there are issues with the installer when using the sdcard, but as id said, id hold off on that for now anyway)

1 Like

Wonderful! Thanks for the assistance. This forum has been incredibly helpful. And very much enjoying the friendly nature of everybody.

1 Like

The LADSPA installer lets you run the 100s of LADPSA plugins. i thought it was being included in the new o/s but with a few adjustments to the installer it works fine and gives you access to a nice variety of classic C based DSP plugins. The one i had the most luck with was
http://tap-plugins.sourceforge.net/ladspa/reverb.html
I built a reverb that lets you choose from 60 [ as i recall] IR based reverb room presets

cheers

pp

1 Like

this one has 63 IR reverb rooms.

You need to have LADSPA.

a quick note*** i did not write LADSPA.
Ladpsa is an open source project that really is similar to AU/VSTs in a way that has been superseded by LV2 and other linux formats.

It uses libraries by moocow, bsaylor, iem and hcs

have fun

2 Likes

I just tried that but no luck for me. My Organelle M’s screen stays stuck on “Sutting down…” (without h). Any idea of what I should do to install LADSPA successfully ?
Thanks a lot

1 Like

When replacing the line. IN PD I see /usbdrive/Patches/Install-LADSPA/deploy.sh
Are you saying replace the entire text with /tmp/patch or do I leave /deploy.sh

2 Likes

I described how I manually installed the LADSPA on the Organelle-M here:

I am currently updating for patrons ALL the FLUIDSynths including several new ones and a requested Neuron synth/Indian [Raga] SYnth and a few more fun updates to them. These were all written for V1 and i am flattered that they are still being used

2 Likes