Vocal harmonizer? (Collier, Bon Iver)

Hey! I tried the patch now, and the “pitch factor 1” worked, but I couldn’t get any sound from “harmonizer1” and “harmonizer2”. The dry signal worked as it should. Do you think it’s hard to add midi control from the wooden keys on the organelle? And thank you very much for your work!!! So excited about this!

Same for me here, I’m trying to see if it’s me doing something wrong…

Make sure you have the pd extended libraries and make sure you put the folder on the usbdrive next to Patches for example /usbdrive/pd-extended

the harmonizers are complex and need those

1 Like

i do not think fiddle~ and midi will be hard. i hope we have enough over head to run it. if it doesn’t we can pluck off the nested harmonizer, or make another version

3 Likes

Ooops, of course I needed those - now I’m looking forward to trying it with my clarinet! Thaaaanks!!!

That makes sense, it works now! Thank you, can’t wait until it can respond to the keys!

When I change the second and the third pitch I hear them changing but as soon as I stop turning the knobs they turn back to the “original” pitch they were tuned at? Is that normal? Sorry for being a pita, I’m just loving this patch and I keep playing it and trying to get the most out of it…but maybe I do not fully understand the logic?

thanks for the feedback. i will check it it certainly could be doing that, this is very helpful.
I found some fiddle~/sigmund code i think i can use for the pitch tracking part but i want to squash this stuff first

I had to crash that version. Lets face it. it kindaa stunk.

http://patchstorage.com/uneventide/

you can haz better one.

2 Likes

Thanks! Gonna try it asap!

This is great, having lots of fun playing about with it. Thank you so much for making this!

I’m so glad! If everyone is cool with it, I will try to add MIDI control to it. The notes will change the main pitch which should be the last main part

3 Likes

Just gave it a (quick) try yesterday night - it does sound great!
A few things I’ll probably try to modify (don’t wanna be too picky with you, you’re already my hero :-)):

1. I would like to limit the range of the pitch shift, both on the upper and lower side: the thing is that more than 180° correspond to pitches I know I would probably never use (even because they would sound way too unnatural with the sources I’m gonna be using it for), and that makes it quite difficult to select the right note in the range of interest.
    Of course when adding MIDI there’ll be no actual need of turning the knobs on the Organelle itself…
  2. I’d like to see the name of the selected note (or interval, even just as a number of semitones with respect to the pitch played, something like +XX or -YY) displayed on the screen as a reference.
  3. When moving to the next page, the knobs positions automatically set the corresponding parameter value, requiring a bit of back and forth before setting the actual pitches you wanna get played.

As usual, sorry for sounding too picky or demanding - I’m actually appreciating a lot what you’ve re doing here!
Thanks again!
M

3 Likes

i don’t think that’s picky, i like all those ideas i think they are great. i was thinking about how to show what is going on for sure and certainly the range can be reduced too. i think if it narrows the sweet spots will become easier to dial in too. I like how it sounds so i am inspired to keep going on this one and i learned a ton about harmonizers in the last week or so for sure! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Excuse my ignorance, but where are the libraries of Pure Data Extended? Thanks

there’s a link on the forum here for the ones that the C&G team prepared. it should go on the root directory
/usbdrive/pd-extended

1 Like

Here’s the link to the post: Pd Extended Objects for Organelle :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey, thank you! :smile:

Thank you @shreeswifty, both for the answer and for the harmonizer patch :notes: :musical_note:

1 Like

thanks I am going to add more stuff but i am liking how it sounds so far