Wishlist / New ideas for patches

Hey Guys. My name is Chris, and I just got my Organelle. I. Am. Stoked!

For me, it was between The Hologram Dream Sequencer Pedal and the Organelle, and my mind reasoned that the Organelle should be able to pull of something very much like the pedal, so… what do you guys think? Do-able? Stay away? I am willing to get my hands dirty if need be of course but I am very new to pd. I made a Mellotron clone to playback samples with a tutorial, but that’s about the extent of it. What do you guys think?

5 Likes

Hey, new to the forum, I’ve got an organelle on its way :slight_smile: would be dope if it can approximate the Dream Sequence Pedal. Did anyone try it? I need to look at learning PD pronto.

2 Likes

That’s two votes for dream sequence functionality… any big, strong, SUPER-genius coders out there AWESOME enough to handle the task? :smiley:

5 Likes

Dont have my unit yet so I’m not sure what’s already out there. But a basic sampler with time stretch options and loop function would be useful.

A patch that allowed -

Record/import a sample.
Trim sample.
Play it chromatically along the keys. Polyphonically.
Play it chromatically and have all pitches stretch to same length as original sample. To avoid the obvious chipmunk thing.
Option to Latch the sample to loop. With or without timestrech.
Option to sync the timestretch to bpm/midi.

I could sell my Microsampler if this got made and I could store individual samples as separate presets inside the patch :slight_smile: Not sure what’s possible/not possible yet tho. Maybe this is beyond the Organelle CPU/UI?

My wishlist:

3 Likes

Patch Idea:

“Patch Mixer”!

Imagine if you made a nasty beat with say Pow Pow’s Polybeats for example, and wanted to keep the beat playing while you switched to another patch to lay a bassline down underneath it…

just an idea, for a Pure Data expert…

2 Likes

Ooh OOH!! and an ability to reverse samples too!! heh heh while making a pattern.

AND… imagine if the 4 assignable knobs had a way to do double duty, say if you assigned one of the keys to switch to a second layer of knob commands… does this make sense?

[quote=“sufurnamrehs, post:28, topic:268”]
imagine if the 4 assignable knobs had a way to do double duty, say if you assigned one of the keys to switch to a second layer of knob commands… does this make sense?
[/quote]yeah it does make sense

i’ve gotta remember which ones but there are a few existing that flip parameter pages with the aux button

Really?! post back when you find out, curious

juno 104 is one of em

you could open that patch and figure out how, then apply the feature in your own

Oh man, that is sick, gonna check out ASAPS!!! thanks Glia!

1 Like

Today I copied the phasor page (called something like ‘saw’) from ‘Analog Style’ and renamed it to replace the one in ‘Arpeggiator Synth’ (s_buzz)- was a shot in the dark but I much prefer the sound of that synth voice and wanted to be able to arp it so gave it a shot. And - it works!
The - ‘Tone’ knob doesn’t work but otherwise it’s great.
I’d really like to create and play some more ‘analog style’ and ideally taurus-y sounds from my organelle - i just don’t have the knowhow. I don’t feel it’s worth me uploading this unfinished altered patch but could someone more talented offer advice on how to get the tone function back?

1 Like

dont underestimate yourself

share what you’ve got and we’ll try further tweaks

Take a looksee!
http://patchstorage.com/analog-style-arpeggiator/
Would be amazing to export all controls from Analog Style to another page on this patch.

1 Like

Hey guys - first post. Hello from Richmond, VA. I’m a newish organelle user and a total PD newbie. There are a couple modifications to already existing patches I think would be very useful, but am having trouble figuring out how to do them.

one would be for the punchy family of patches. It would be awesome if the ‘punched in’ sequence would follow a key diatonically. IE, punch in a pattern in C major and the different keys you could hit would follow the key not just the note values already selected. Perhaps it could be like casios where there is a set octave for majors, minors, and 7 chords or something.

the other would be a drum sample sequencer with a velocity control

curious to hear thoughts

A

1 Like

I like that punch idea. The issue is always: how does the machine know what key you are playing in when punching in. Either you have to tell it, or it assumes you are playing in some key… what Casio are you referring to? does it do something similar?

I guess in one extra page/mode you could have

1. C/C#/D…
  2. Maj/Min/Maj7…
  3. Dodge Up/Down

How you would get to that page I don’t know, seeing as aux is used for latch and punch already in the punchy patch.

The third function ‘dodge’ would have ‘wrong’ notes which don’t fit our chosen key ‘dodged’ and replaced by the next note up or down the scale which does fit. That way the patterns would at least still match rhythmically.
I don’t know if what i’m suggesting is doable or if it’s even a good solution, I certainly couldn’t write it either way.

perhaps it assumes you are in Cmaj/Am diatonic and one of the rotary
controls allows you to transpose. mostly referring to an SK1 where grooves
would play if you hit a key. one octave would be all of the major versions
of the sequence, one octave all the minors, and another the 7ths. similar
things happen on old Optigans… I’m trying to think of the best way to
qualify it…

The Hologram Dream Sequencer Pedal! Wow gorgeous.

A lot of those features (if not all?) are possible – especially the delay and sequencing stuff.

Are those tone and drive params analog? It likely won’t be as as warm with digital (This is only my opinion!)

Param recording alone is a lot of work, but doable.

I think prioritizing which features are the most interesting would be a good place to start!

3 Likes