Create_package_script.sh

Hey
i want to make the first .zop file for the new granular synth
if i have the files i want in the /usbdrive/install_fluidflow~ directory

is it just ./create_install_package_sh install_fluidflow~ ?

thanks

yes - assuming you donā€™t have any special deployment criteria.
well actually itā€™ll be ~/scripts/create_install_package.sh

note: id recommend against using any special characters (like ~) in patch names
especially tilde gives its special meaning in shell scripts, whist usually ok, its kind asking for trouble if other software doesnā€™t escape them properlyā€¦

also no point in calling it ā€˜install_blahā€™ ā€¦ as when you see it on the organelle it will already tell you to
ā€™install install_blahā€™ā€¦ and if its an old fashion installer then its unnecessary , you would merely do the install in the zop install process, no point in getting a user to ā€˜installā€™ this package, then run it once unpacked to install the real thingā€¦ thats just confusing.
ā€¦ if you need to put stuff in a shell script to install, you merely have to put that in the ā€˜deploy.shā€™
(look at what ive done with say MECā€¦ though its a bit different, as i want it to go in the system folder)

also id recommend against installing libraries into places like /usr/libā€¦ try to keep them local.

the more we have ā€˜applications/patchesā€™ putting thing in /usr/lib (or adding to system patchs), the more change they will break other thingsā€¦ i.e. we will start getting issues where users run different combinations of things, and they dont work (due to versioning) , but we wont know why, because they wont remember they have install packaged x, y and zā€¦

1 Like

well this .so needs to go in /usr/lib
the rest of the stuff i have not been following, sorry
i donā€™t know what MEC is

i have actually three .so files that need to go in /usr/lib for them to work properly
if you have an alternative location you think they might work in please let me know and iā€™ll try that before installing them there.

i can share them if you want to do it so it does not break things but otherwise Iā€™ll make an old fashioned install_blah

and currently we have

install_fluid
install_ladpsa

and
i will have install_csound
install_SDT
install_munger

coming up
what do you think?

why do these not work in the patch directory? .so can usually be loaded from the current directory if the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set correctly, which I think Id assume is what -path is likely doing on PDā€¦ (given pd_linux are just .so files with a different extension :wink: )

this would avert the potential issues related to versioning and dependancies.

Hi! :v:

Iā€™m sorry to ask but i canā€™t find any instructions on how to create a .zop and iā€™m not used to linux :

Where do i need to enter the " ~/scripts/create_install_package.sh " command line please ?

Iā€™m on the Organelle OS, i have my folder opened in a window that contains all files and a deploy.sh , i tried by clicking ā€œTools -> Open Current Folder in Terminalā€ and ā€œTools -> Run Command in Current Folderā€ but of course without successā€¦

Can someone bring some informations about this pleaseā€¦? Thanks :pray:

you need to enter the command in a terminal window. press the screen icon at the bottom left of the screen to get a terminal. first move to the folder containing the patch:

cd /sdcard/Patches

if your patch is called MyPatch, then type:

~/scripts/create_install_package.sh MyPatch

for Organelle 1, or

~/fw_dir/scripts/create_install_package.sh MyPatch

for Organelle M

2 Likes