Morphagene Re-write

Prepend is your friend

1 Like

btw new Octatrack MK1 OS with probability trigs just released.

1 Like

oh tight, i am going to update that tonight

cheers

pp

The probability trigs rule.

Nearly there with this Midi Division version -
I clearly misunderstood the behaviour of [trigger bang bang bang] though, it bangs from right to left - but it does send all of the bangs after receiving just one. I want to be able to bang from right to left only once after receiving one bang.

bang bang bang. can you help, organelleworld?

Okay so Iā€™m still working on a version with everything I want in it but HERE is a minutely modified version which is ok for me in the meantime. Maybe someone else will like it.

• This one runs off MIDI BPM only, of which the value is quartered becauseā€¦ it sounds better. (In a later version this will be a toggle between a bunch of different divisions)
  • It has audio monitoring so you can hear what you are sampling. (Going to make this a toggle later probably)
  • Sample-in is cut out by default - hold key 83 (last key) to allow audio to enter the stream.
  • Still have to hit key 60 (first key) to start the sequence playing.
4 Likes

I got some ace sounds from it! all your efforts seem to have paid off.

1 Like

Nice one dude, thanks! hyped to check this version out and the looming ā€˜tempo divisionsā€™ is a cool function to throw in :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just played with the quartz version of the patch ā€“ I think Iā€™m in love.

ā— Quarter-note division is a good demo of how nice the (crosses fingers) tempo division function will be.
ā—Monitoring function with a toggle would be lovely.
ā—Utterly LOVE the use of 83 as a momentary sample switch. Had quite a bit of fun looping (Pigtronix Infinity Looper) a bit of guitar, sampling a chunk, erasing the pedal loop (but maintaining it on the organelle), and then bringing the old loop ā€œback to lifeā€ as it were while playing around with new themes.

Ace work!

1 Like

:slight_smile: All credit to shree (+iquestionhard!). Going to use foot pedal as momentary sample-in as well as 83 cause that makes more sense, people are gonna have their hands busy when sampling. The beat divisions will be controllable with different keys for each - (I have struggled so much to work out a multi-toggle Iā€™m giving up on that, haha. Maybe Iā€™m just thick.) makes it more playable and dynamic this way anyway so thatā€™s a win. Iā€™d like to have momentary presets sent to the reverb and filters with buttons too but thatā€™s more complicated and will be later on.

2 Likes

this is getting good.

link me the current one whenever

pp

Dude, youā€™re becoming a Pd guru! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am definitely no guru!
Here is the version with the bpm divisions added.

• First key starts/stops sequence still
  • Hold last Key or footswitch to momentarily open the audio gate for Sampling. Sampling begins when gate is open and sound input is detected.
  • Keys working inwards from the last key on the bottom row send new values to a bpm divider, they divide by Half, Quarter, Sixth, Eighth, Sixteenth.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BVkhnKpbpKkT9kjqJYMprGy2QvVaxLaj?usp=sharing
And thatā€™s it for now but I use this patch a lot so Iā€™ll prob try to do more including those effect presets which i think will be really fun (hopefully i will eventually learn more than the absolute basics it took to do this)

2 Likes

Whoops, Iā€™ll do this tomorrow. Sorry to flood with incomplete versions - probably not very helpful to peoples ā€˜patch managmentā€™

1 Like

Iā€™m envious of your progress with Pure Data actually. One of these days, I swear, Iā€™ll sit myself down and start contributing rather than simply making demands.

That saidā€¦

I love what you did with the slice interrupt buttons ā€“ presenting the user with a quick notification as to what has changed. Would something similar be possible with the BPM dividers?

Maybe thatā€™s a good place to start modifying existing Pure Data patches? As much as I love many of these module emulations, their effects on the audio are not always readily apparentā€¦ so without some notification for the user that a button has actually done something, Iā€™m often unsure as to whether my actions are having any effect at all!

Are you not getting anything on the screen to tell you the changes? I have that in my current version - thought it was the one I posted :open_mouth:
Also the slice interrupt stuff was @iquestionshard
Edit: Yepp, onscreen feedback for divisons working perfectly well for me over here. Can you double check @rattykins ?

Also I think tweaking stuff that is already out there is a great way to get to know PD, Iā€™m still pig ignorant to most things to do with the environment but I think I will learn more this way - just because itā€™s more fun to play with something that already makes sounds than to stress for hours writing something from scratch before it ever makes an interesting toot.

1 Like

Apologies! Must have had the version mislabeled ā€“ clock divisions look GREAT!

I really like this patch !
However I noticed that when you switch a page, the knobs wonā€™t come to the actual value of the new page, and it creates some sudden jumps. Would it be possible to change this behaviour?
Thanks,
JM.

1 Like

Not my patch originally actually - im sure itā€™s possible to do that though. Iā€™m not very good at pd, but Iā€™ll look.

1 Like