Pd Extended Objects for Organelle

Not so sure. All I know is I downloaded the linked .zip from Github but benjoline didn’t work. I ditched that one and downloaded the one Shreeswifty posted on a public dropbox folder on patchstorage. Benjoline worked after that. It did seem to be an overall larger download and he mentioned he had to load some additional libs. @shreeswifty, could you weigh in. I’m very inexperienced with this stuff. I just purchased the Organelle and know very little about the differences between the two packages. Thanks, guys.

my version just has a few extra libraries in it that you need for benjoline but it also has the full C&G compiled pd-extended. Future versions shouldnt always need it but those first annoying ones do. it wont prevent you from running any other ones that require it. Think of it as pd-extended + :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification!
So, the source of your version (and future versions) will be via a link on Patchstorage?

i assume the C&G ones are goingto stay as they are mine will get updates as i add more externals. i’ll warn folks when you need new ones. For example: yesterday i added a bunch of Eric Lyon’s pd-potpourri objects and the classic FFTease by Eric Lyon and Christopher Penrose. I wanted to make sure they were compiled against the Organelle some of them are in the folder but there are too many to list so I’ll probably move them soon

2 Likes

@shreeswifty i couldn’t find your version on patchstorage. can you please post here the link to your objects? thank you so much. lukas

1 Like

@shreeswifty Echoing the comment above, is there a link to your version somewhere? I’ve searched but can’t find one – thanks man!

After searching for a good long while, I finally tracked it down in a comment on patchstorage! It’s here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jw5wfrfswm25e53/pd-extended.zip?dl=0

1 Like

No longer there. 404 :frowning:

i am about to make a new set of them that will include working versions of many that were not instantiating. Hang tight, should only be a day or so

Any update? Thank you~

Alex, most of the extended libraries were used to run the rungler, i redid the rungler so it it self contained and does not need my special set of libraries for the time being

pp

1 Like

So I won’t need your pd-extended plus to run the hammond???
I’m very green to the Organelle, and have been working all morning trying to get mine set up to play it. lol

generally, pd-extended objects are not needed for patches, and patches include everything they need within the patch. (things like ladspa are the exception, rather than the rule)

Hammond, probably does not need it (though not checked) , try it first without

hammond needs LADSPA i think that was included in a last o/s update but i am not sure

the main one that needed all those original extended libraries was the “Rungler/Benjolin” that was done like the first week i had an organelle. I updated it so that those libraries were not needed to run it. All the rest have the externals in the patches.

cheers~

1 Like

I’m looking at developing a patch that manipulates MIDI data that may require some of the extended/purr-data libraries.

What’s the latest on using extended libraries with the Organelle?

It’s not clear what the latest word or proper path is.

Everything @oweno mentioned in the ‘How to Use’ section of the original post on this thread is still valid. You will need to compile the objects for the Organelle (Arch Linux). Or you could try this: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/purr-data-git/

You can also use the information on this page: https://agraef.github.io/purr-data-intro/Purr-Data-Intro.html (search for Arch Linux)

Good luck!

1 Like

Quick question :

I copied the Pd-extended folder in the main patch folder. Then I make a [declare -path …/…/pd-extended/cyclone] in my main.pd patch.
How do I then create an object, for instance [accum] then ?

Thanks !

This might be incorrect…if the pd-extended folder is in your patch folder (that has main.pd), then it should look like this:

[declare -path ./pd-extended/cyclone]

but anyway, I recommend not copying the entire pd-extended folder if you only need a specific object or two. Try locating accum.pd_linux and just copying that into your patch folder. (I usually grab the help patch too)

1 Like

Makes sense, thanks for the help !

This is not a big deal, but amongst the cyclone library, [uzi] seems to be the only one not working, any idea why ?