Would you recommend this wifi dongle for the Organelle?

The shipping is soooo expensive for the wifi dongle in the c&g store :frowning: so although I would love to support them I think I have to go elsewhere.

Has anyone tried this one? https://www.dustinhome.no/product/5011023772/nano-wifi-80211bgn-usb-20-white?ssel=false&utm_campaign=prisjakt&utm_source=prisjakt.no&utm_medium=pricecompare&utm_content=5637175077

Setting up wifi on the Organelle
USB device for Organelle?

it uses a different chipset to the one supplied by C&G, so we’d have to see if we can determine if its built into the organelles kernel or not. (lots of chipsets are, but some are not)

if you want to be 100% safe, try to find one with the Ralink 5370 chipset, , that we know works fine, and you can get very cheaply in Europe. (just search on amazon etc for ralink 5370)
i picked up one like this for < 10 euro, complete no-name job… so don’t know if its this one or not… but works absolutely fine.

EDIT: link removed as apparently not correct chipset.

Setting up wifi on the Organelle

Thank you so much for your answer!
Do you think this one will work then? https://www.multicom.no/sandberg-micro-wifi-usb-dongle/cat-p/c/p3756416

Even though it only ways windows os under supported os?

Looks good to me :slight_smile:

Awesome thanks!

bought one of these and it _doesn’t _work!

buying stuff like this is a minefield because half the time the specs change you’re not told! the chipset in the one I bought from your link is actually MT7601U!

sorry about that,
its odd though, im pretty sure that was the link i used when i bought mine… and it looks identical too. i’ll remove the link… to avoid futher confusion.
(hopefully, as you got it from amazon you should be able to just return it)

EDIT, actually just re-read my post and it says… emphasis added.

i.e. i acknowledged mine, like the one C&G have is completely unmarked / unbranded, but looked identical. so appears these unbranded ones can vary the chipset :frowning: