Favorite patches and why

honestly this is partly ‘paradox of choice’
so many to chose from, all do different things, and each need some time to really understand.

I think the favourite patches are always going to be the ones you’ve played with most, doesn’t matter if they are simple or complex (the latter required an investment in time!)

I do think its really useful to find one (or a few) patch that you use a lot, this really helps you feel like you have a purpose for the organelle, then others are a bonus. …
what that is depends on your needs, and what else you own.
(… I guess I also look at how successful the C&G pocket piano has been, its not complex, it only does a few things - but that is its charm, turn it on, play it - done :slight_smile: )

what are you after? what are you trying to achieve? which patches do you like? why don’t they work for you?

as for programming your own patches… well sure, but I view it as a completely different activity to playing.
if you want to learn coding, or enjoy coding go for it and have time for it - go for it, but its not a solution to the problem you describe, nor necessary - imho.

2 Likes