Xjimmies 4 Note harmonizer [Dumas & Settel] 4 organelle~ MIDI controlled added

Hi Folks
As part of the pd code history project i am happy offer
This is a port of the famous Harmonizer by Dumas & Zack Settel from right around 2006
mharm

Please give it a go with vocals or whatever you like and let me know how she works
This one is super basic
4 knobs should switch between -24/24 two octaves
aux1 should set everything to flat
buttons 60-63 mute voices

for organelle~

I loved the Xjimmies when they came out and there are a few more really nice effects in the library that are next

The introduction to nSlam
http://tot.sat.qc.ca/logiciels_nslam.html

The Downloads
http://tot.sat.qc.ca/down_nslam.html

1 Like

Hi, I’m trying it with vocals.
I’ve found that to get any audio out, the output volume must be quite at maximum and that leads to saturation.
Also knob 1 is not changing any value and maybe it’s me but I don’t get to hear any significant change in the sound when I use knobs 2 and 3. Maybe I’m not using it properly.

it’s BETA and i was concerned about the output but i needed some other tests. Thanks and I’ll make some adjustments!

p

i think it was initially for +10 so i am going to adjust the adc~ and check the knob values

1 question. How are you sending vocals into it? If you are just plugging in a plain Microphone that might be a problem

here is an updated version

okay feed it a line for now
set the 4 knobs to 12 oclock
press AUX1 to set the harmonizers to 0
adjust for chords
once the bugs are squashed i’ll add midi and other controls
please test i tested with a david bowie clip acapella on youtube with my iphone fed into the line input on organelle~

midi version is in the works

currently got teh midi version scaling 60-83 -2400 2400
thanks to alexandre torres porres’ new cyclone code

the latest version w/o midi just in case of any dropbox bullshit
this is super low overhead so i am going to test different window settings and different delay periods soon. currently it’s set to 1000ms of “delay” on the delwrite~ line which could be a nice parameter to tweak for a cool effect

let me know how you all fare i would love some feedback after this

Giving this a shot later today!

here is the four channel harmonizer with midi control for the four hamronizers
so you can play your vocal or whatever into it [sounds best on a singular instrument or voice]
and then with the playing buttons play four different notes.
I made a slight adjustment so that each note is 100 cents by scaling values from 59-83 so dead center is 0 cents on the playing keys and each button is them 100 cents and it makes visualizing chords easier and i think it sounds rather nice

2 Likes

Awesome! Hyped to try this.

updated link in first post

1 Like

Finally got to try this out last night. I love it! Some really great sounds and textures here. Thanks again for this @shreeswifty!

2 Likes

This looks very cool. Thanks @shreeswifty!

1 Like

I’ve been tweaking it for a while i think it’s stable now. Enjoy!