Basic Poly Sampler for the 100+ Mellotron/Chamberlin patches I sampled

ya its easy to browse the files in the new mellowtron patch @klydehyde!

Deleted, deleted.

4 Likes

couldnt find the wav-ones?

Deleted, deleted.

@klydehyde this didnā€™t work for me either - just ended up with a PDF of various social media and contact addresses.
Sorry if Iā€™m missing something obviousā€¦

Deleted, deleted.

1 Like

Deleted, deleted.

1 Like

:man_facepalming: sorry - and thanks, and thanks in advance for the organelle version especially!

Organelle version uploaded. Let me know how it goes.

1 Like

Anybody else having trouble getting these samples to work in Mellowtron? Followed same process as i would to get the initial mellowtron instruments set up. Tried renaming the samples and still didnā€™t have any luck. Thoughts?

Havenā€™t had a minute to check it out. All the wavā€™s are solid and make/have sound in themā€¦ have you compared these waveā€™s to the Mellowtron oneā€™s? Bit rate/depth, mono/stereo?

If theyā€™re not 16 bit, 44.1, theyā€™ll need to be converted as thatā€™s whatā€™s needed to work with organelle. Iā€™ve downloaded them but havenā€™t given them a look yet.

Well, Iā€™ve tried it with the Mellotron patch but I canā€™t make it worked??

1 Like

Hey Everyone. I borrowed a new digital Mellotron for a few days and sampled 100 + patches.

Mki
Mkii
M300
M400
M4Kd
Chamberlin

Samples of Samples into a sampler for sample playback.

Some patches went through this old Tube Klemt Echolette preamp stage and some went through a MoogerFooger Delay preamp stage then into clean preamps and Lynx Aurora converters at 24 bit 48kHz. Converted to 16 bit 44.1kHz for Organelle usage.

Hereā€™s an example of the Mk 1

----- I really like the MellowTron idea of thatā€™s already kicking around BUT Iā€™m wondering if someone can build / modify something similar/simpler? I donā€™t mind having a folder per patch and rather keep the mellotron stuff on a different USB stick then the main patch one. Can someone build this? (yes there are patches already that can do this stuff, not exactly what iā€™m looking for)

Basic Poly Sampler
knob 1 = sample start
knob 2 = attack
knob 3 = release
knob 4 = pitch

aux = go crazy ( Glide ? Deep Sea Diving? )

loads 37 wave files starting @ F1 that are labeled as such

1.wav
2.wav
ā€¦ 37.wav

Hereā€™s a few patches to get the ball rolling.

1 Like

No progress on this, huh? I love the Mellowtron patch: it would be amazing to see all these different sounds included in it!

Same, Iā€™m useless at programming so I worked a wonky workaround that focuses on the polytwig sampler in Orac.

Bounced mellotron samples I liked in 44100hz/16bit (keeps their pitch right, if you bounce at 48000hz it warps their pitch) on C3 around 8 seconds in length.
Then placed them in their own folder in Sd Card/media/mellotron.

Made a copy of the polytwig patch and renamed it to mellotron.
Told the mellotron patch to read the mellotron folder instead of the samples folder (polytwigs default folder).
Do that by going into: polytwig/mellotron patch / soundshare_select.pd / rename the 2 blocks which have samples to whatever you called your folder with desired samples exactly noting capitals.

eg ā€œsymbol /tmp/media/samples/.wav" - "symbol /tmp/media/mellotron/.wavā€
ā€œsymbol ā€¦/ā€¦/ā€¦/samples/.wav" - "symbol ā€¦/ā€¦/ā€¦/mellotron/.wavā€

Iā€™ve tried like 7 times to get the base mellotron patch on organelle (that uses a sample for every note) but I donā€™t understand the mapping system well enough as thereā€™s a txt file and pd file and thereā€™s always some mismatch resulting in keys playing the wrong note/no note.

May not be what youā€™re looking for but this has helped me get my fix for mellotron sounds, bonus is now I can run all the wonderful midi effects and sound effects alongside other synths, midi instruments.

I might be able to take a crack at it next week. Iā€™m not great at Pd. But Iā€™m decent at modifying pre-built patches.