Enable input monitoring?

@lescour1 going back to bypass/monitoring

the option I detailed, is of course not a ‘true bypass’ , since the signal is still coming into the organelle and out (so adc > dac) , this is cool most of the time, but as mentioned you have to be careful of gain, and also it’ll introduce a tiny bit of latency. (not that you’ll ‘feel’ it)

if your interested in ‘true bypass’ , this thread might interest you.

(its not easy, but perhaps something to consider in the future)

though honestly, I think , if i wanted to do this, Id add a small mixer as adds a bit more flexibility.
so you could use OP-1 into Organelle directly for a portable setup, and the mixer when you need a bit more control/options.

Simple setups.
yeah, I feel you … as a bit a geek, when i started on this journey into music, I bought things based on them giving me options, so now I have so many options both in hardware and software at times it can be ‘stifling’ , where to start? what to use?

honestly, i think the answer for me, is to be more disciplined/focussed… have the options, but choose in advance what to use, and don’t keep thinking ‘what if’ , (thats my plan at least)
so Im not really into getting rid of anything, just trying to learn to pick n choose better.

Organelle - hmm, well it definitely adds a lot of options, so can ‘replace’ quite a few things, and is great for experimentation. I think like many instruments that are really flexible they work best in setups with ‘less’ in them, since you can then focus on IT. if you have tons of gear, the danger is you just keep dipping in and out of it.
(that said, I keep coming back to it, so it does draw you in :slight_smile: )

Octatrack, Ive been eyeing up an OT.
honestly… if i were you, if you can , id try using it with the Organelle for a while then chose to sell or not.
the reason is… the Organelle does one thing at a time, so the recording/sampling into an OT will be fun, similarly it can sequence, but using the OT to sequence could also be fun… and then finally as above, having a mixer could be useful.
I think it would be useful , to see how you like it perhaps the OT+ Organelle might be more useful than the OP1+Organelle - depending upon what your up to , and how portable you want to be.
(I guess the digitakt could be used as a smaller alternative to the OT, but you know that choice better than i do )

of course, if you want to do backpack stuff, then yeah, OP1+Organelle is really a winning combo.