Getting into ETC_Mother via Mac

Hello

I’ve done a lot of this (for example use of all MIDI CC’s, changed the background colour behaviour). I think I have alread posted some of these changes here in the forum. Example:

(you may check my postings, but I am not sure, what the forum software is offering). If you are patient for a few days I may put my versions on my website.

Editing the various *.py files in ETC_Mother is the easiest via SSH using vi. But the danger is, that you corrupt one of the files that much, that the system won’t start up successfully. So you always should have a backup of the whole sd-card image.

Also I already had run the ETC software on my Macbook with 10.13.6 an on an older Macbook with 10.6.3. The audio reactive part did not not work (but I did not try hard). The graphics stuff worked like charm.

I found two programs to be very useful:
“extFS for Mac” by paragon software mounts the extFS SD card on your Mac. Assumingly you even may run the ETC software from there (I’ve never tried it).
“balena Etcher” dumps images to SD-Card. You can do this also using the unix comand ‘dd’, but Etcher is quite easy to handle.

Regards
Florian