Minidexed on Organelle

Related sidenote: I am working on an SDL hardware-def that uses joystick & keys to emulate the primary rotary-encoder and OLED, and it seems to be running ok. pi has some hardware-accelerated rotary-encoder kernel-level stuff, so that might be a better route if you have some rotary-encoders to test with, but the code would need a bit of modding & testing (I can write it, if you can test it.)

I have another question here about how the interface is supposed to work, but it currently builds & runs fine on intel mac & pi4, and should work great on any pi or other arm that has SDL (all of them do.) I originally wanted to use joystick, so I could use it on handheld Gameboy-like devices, with I have a few of, and a steamdeck.

I have these devices to test on, all of these have “normal” LCDs that act as a lowres screen for framebuffer/X:

• Gpi2 case, with pi CM4 - has 640x480 lcd and joystick that looks like XBox in software
  • a few cheap ambernic handheld ARM-based gameboy things (same idea, they modded SDL2 to work better on the devices) each with an LCD (generally around 800x600 or so) and joystick that looks like XBox in software
  • GPi1 with pizero2w - has 320x240 LCD and joystick that looks like XBox in software
  • pi4 with tiny 800x600 LCD that plugs into HDMI (I use a keyboardd with this, but also could hook up rotary encoders to GPIO and use kernel-drivers)
  • steamdeck - 1280x800 LCD, joystick that looks like XBox in software

Here is my fork with new sdlpi device (make sdlpi)