Translosso Patch

First PD project I’ve done! This was a conversion from PD-Extended. I’ve provided a link to the original as well. I also assume you’ll need PD-Extended to play it.
https://patchstorage.com/translosss/

It’s glitchy and needs some work. I’ll keep tinkering with it. But thought maybe some with better minds would like to help me clean it up. I really like the sound of this one, and think there’s a lot of potential here.
Anyways, enjoy! And thanks to @ghostly606 and @thetechnobear for the advice/help starting it.
This does have a sequencer. I just forgot to put that on the display.

Translosso Patch
https://patchstorage.com/translosso/

Here’s a little demo for anyone interested in hearing what it sounds like.

Looks interesting, thanks for diving in! More than I can say for myself. Does PD-extended need to be installed per the C&G instructions in this thread?

1 Like

It was so long ago. I have a hard time remembering. But I’m almost certain that is it.

Ha, ok, so you’ve installed that on your Organelle (next to the /Patches folder) and Translosso works with it?

It should!

I should add, you’ll put Translosso in the patches folder though. Just like any other.

Just updated this patch! New additions below

UPDATE: 5/30/2018
+Fixed the higher notes so they come through as well as the lower notes.

+Screen now says sink for sequencer on start up.

+Added audio input capabilities.

1 Like

UPDATE: 6/19/2018
+Added Polyphonic capabilities

Let me know what you think. And tag me in any videos you happen to use it in. I’d love to see what people come up with.

3 Likes

Can’t wait to try it, awesome patch.

1 Like

Almost forgot to share this. I tried the Translosso patch I converted with my Montreal Assembly CT5 and the results did not disappoint!

2 Likes

Anybody down to help me add a few things to this patch?

Not 100% sure, what you’re looking for, when you ask for help adding a delay time knob? Delay is normally between roughly 150ms & maybe 1500 ms depending on the type of delay (Analog delay goes up to 1000ms, yet digital or tape can go beyond that)… Anyhow, multiply [r knob"number] by 1500 or so and hook it up to [vd~ “name” “number”]… Should need a delay, here’s a simple stereo delay abstraction I’ve made for some pacth. It’s not super sophisticated, but should do the trick…

delay~.pd (1.8 KB)

Regarding mix knob: Make two [ *~ ] objects and have [r knob"number"] go directly into the first one (right inlet). Then make a [expr 1 - $f1] object, feed knob into it and hook it up to the second [ *~ ] object (right inlet). Voilà, you made a mix knob… now you just have to hook audio up to the [ *~ ] objects…

Hope this helps…

1 Like

This helps a ton! Thanks! :pray: