I’ve been patching with Pd for a while, and successfully porting most of what I do onto the Organelle. However, I’ve recently run into a problem when trying to get the ‘bsaylor~’ library working.
From my (limited) understanding, the source code is freely available, but the externals have only been compiled for 64-bit versions of Windows and Linux. Hence, when trying to run, say, ‘partconv~’, I get some error message along the lines of “ELFCLASS64 incompatible with ELFCLASS32” when I try to get it working on the Organelle.
So, I’ve spent all weekend trying to work out how to compile things. I’ve been using a 32-bit iteration of Ubuntu. I had copied the necessary files from ‘bsaylor~’ (all the .c files, that sort of thing), and used Codeblocks to build. Then I used the pd-lib-builder to compile everything and generate my .pd_linux file. I didn’t encounter any errors here, so I was hoping everything had gone well.
However, when I tried to create the object in Pd, I was just left with a “couldn’t create” error. The same thing has happened on my Ubuntu installation, and on the Organelle.
I’m unsure if what I’m doing is even correct, or viable, but any input would be fantastic. Happy to send over my Makefiles, etc…, if need be.