Who is the Troubleshooter here that can help with my Patch?

Just wanted to add a little update in hopes to inspire people… The patch can be played with individual notes before turning on the Strummer with the Aux button, but still, once the strummer is turned “On” I can’t seem to get it to turn Off with the Aux button, even though I am (seemingly) using the same method as other Organelle patches.

The issue seems to be the [sel 1] object. If I go from it’s output to the Right inlet of the [pd latch] object, the Aux turns On and Off the Strummer, but no sound. If I also go into the Left inlet of the [pd latch] then it actually makes sound when turned On, but kills the Off functionality of the latch; so continues to Play even though the strummer should be Off.

I’m sure I’m just missing something really simple; I can’t believe this one little On/Off thing is the obstacle that’s holding this back from being a nice working patch! If we can just get this one thing fixed, then I could move on to adding the “icing on the cake” ideas I had (while everyone enjoys a fixed version of the patch.)

Here are a couple of screenshots of the problem part of the patch and the error message it causes.

One compromise I just tried is, I got rid of the [sel 1] altogether (since the [pd latch] also had it’s own [sel] object; I figured they were conflicting) and patched the [r fs] and [r aux] directly into the [pd latch] left input, so now you can “Hold” the Aux button to get the Strummer to play and then let go of the Aux to get it to stop. But this doesn’t update the screen to reflect that the Aux is being held On like it did with the [sel 1] added to it.

I also tried replacing the [sel 1] with @oweno suggested trigger object, but it gave me the same results as the [sel 1] (again, maybe because this is all already included in the [pd latch] object?)

Hey everyone,

So, thanks to @iquestionshard and @Fuurthur over on Patchstorage (I’ve added both of your usernames to the credits of the patch) my Karplus-Strong Guitar Strummer patch is now working properly! It’s still not at a version 1.0 release yet, as I want to add a couple of other features, but the working 0.9.7 version can be downloaded at [URL=“http://patchstorage.com/my-guitar-strummer/”]http://patchstorage.com/my-guitar-strummer/[/URL]

I’ll have an updated demo video coming shortly…

4 Likes