Jaffasplaffa's patches!

New patch: Expanded o-knob preset system

You get 12 pages in all. This version do not use the keyboard as keys but rather as selectors and toggle switches. All in al you have access to 10X4 knob, plus 12 toggles switches, 52 parameters in all. And they are all accessable when only on click on one of they keys on the keyboard. Here is explanation:

How to select page:
In this system the keyboard is not used as keyboard it is split up in 2 sections, by the 2 octaves. The second octave, right side of keyboard, is used to select the pages 1-12. To select page 1, push first key in second octave, to select page 2, push second key in second octave and so on…

The pages:
The first 10 pages are freely assignable knobs. You got 4 knob on each page as usual. Just push the page you want to display(on second octave of the keyboard) and dial away. These knobs has soft take over.

Page 11 is the left side of the keyboard. The 12 first keys are converted into toggle switches and they are fully implemented into the o-knob system. Which means you also have presets for the 12 toggle buttons. As it is now you HAVE to select page 11 to edit the toggles, also to see their state. But I do plan to change that, so you can turn the toggle on/off, no matter what page you are on. The toggles dont have soft take over since I think it works better with out. For the toggle there are some new reserved names. See them in the @pd RESERVED NAMES@ object.

Page 12 is where you handle the presets. You can select load and save presets as you want.

Se further description in the patch.

o-knob Jaffasplaffa.zip (22.6 KB)

@wo3 In this patch I got all the 12 toggles gathered on a single page, as you mentioned.

2 Likes