OTC v1.5 - ETC on Organelle

Great !! @thetechnobear all good now :wink:

I just installed OTC for the first time tonight, and mine I’m blown away at how fun this is. Mark: I’m really grateful for all of your work on the Organelle. I was thinking of selling mine for a short time after getting Norns, but I can’t after trying this and ORAC. Thanks!

Everything working fine but is there a way to switch between mono and stereo input? The trigger modes only work with stereo input now, do they? Thank you :slight_smile:

Trigger modes work the same as they did previously. No change.

basically left and right are additions , the audio_in works as it did before.

It seems that when there is only a mono signal there is not enough volume to get into the trigger area :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I can not reach the yellow zone

Probably you have nothing on one of the channels that will make the average lower.
( I use a mixer so centre the signal for mono signals)

I guess I could change audio_in to be the left channel ( which is usually used for mono due to cables) - but that has the disadvantage that the triggers are solely based on left for stereo signals.

There’s really not enough options on the UI to make it switchable, at least at the moment - and for the time I have to do this.

I guess left=mono is the least painful option for now

OTC - ETC on Organelle

Hello, i’ve been able to run OTC as everything loaded properly but the link for the modes is broken so i cant get the modes from that location. I believe i located at another address but when i start OTC it cant find the modes and i believe ive saved them properly on a brand new formatted usb stick. Maybe you can help, i think your work is fascinating and so rad!
Thanks,
Patrick

I’m not sure to understanding well your problem.
Do you have create a folder called “Modes” (not “modes” !! ) ?

Hello, yes, i named it Modes

as stated at the top of the previous thread, I need to see the otc_mother.log

if OTC is starting but not listing the modes, then something is wrong with how you have done the modes, perhaps you have done something like put them in a subdirectory incorrectly.

e.g you should have something like

/usbdrive/Modes/0 - Sound & MIDI Evaluation/main.py

if this is not present, then its wrong :wink:

see “Troubleshooting - part 2”, and look to see if its finding the modes

the issue here, is your not telling me anything other than “it doesn’t work”
Ive not enough details, to know what you have done wrong - I cannot ‘guess’ what you did :wink:

I need a precise description of thats not working, and the also log file.
e.g. show me a screenshot of your usbdrive, with the folders expanded, so I can see you have done with the modes.

Thanks for all of your help, heres a shot of the folder for the modes.

i downloaded these from github.
I really appreciate your help and rad work!

ok, that looks fine.

what exactly are you seeing on the screen? does it display the mode names as it starting? does it just get stuck on the big black n white ETC load screen?

I really need to see the otc_mother.log file to see whats going on.

ok, thank you again. Heres what the log reads "start otc mother
init fb0
about to draw. size x = 1280, size y = 720, bpp = 32, y virtual = 1440
red offset = 16, blue offset = 0, green offset = 8
alpha offset = 24, alpha length = 8
line len whatever that is 5120
cleared bufs
start splash
start python
shared memfd open() failed: Function not implemented
starting…
MIDI ch file I/O error(2): No such file or directory
set MIDI to ch 1
using input_id :-1:
no usb midi found
display info:<VideoInfo(hw = 1, wm = 0,video_mem = 7200
blit_hw = 0, blit_hw_CC = 0, blit_hw_A = 0,
blit_sw = 0, blit_sw_CC = 0, blit_sw_A = 0,
bitsize = 32, bytesize = 4,
masks = (16711680, 65280, 255, 0),
shifts = (16, 8, 0, 0),
losses = (0, 0, 0, 8),
current_w = 1280, current_h = 720

display modes:[(1408, 1056), (1280, 1024), (1280, 720), (1152, 864), (1024, 768), (960, 720), (800, 600), (768, 576), (640, 480), (640, 400), (512, 384), (320, 240), (320, 200)]
opening frame buffer…
hwscreen : <Surface(1280x720x32 HW)>
screen : <Surface(1280x720x32 SW)>
loading modes…
no modes found."

It loads and displays ETC on the tele screen then switches to “no modes found” the OLED on the organelle stays black the entire time.

ok, so its just not finding the modes…
(its entirely correct for OLED to remain blank, until it loads the first mode, which it cant do , since it cant find them)

are you running Organelle 3.0 or 3.1, this is a requirement, it will not work on Organelle 2.x
thats the only thing i can think of, since it otherwise looks ok

I certainly appreciate you helping get this sorted, i guess my machine is just not going to run it. I have updated to version 3.0 and i just tried to run OTC again but no dice. Thanks for all your time. Kindest regards and thanks again for all of you great work for the Organelle!

Not to be ambiguous, ive been updated to 3.0 for several months, i didnt just update recently.

Thank you! As a pd novice, and someone with no coding experience I was able to get OTC loaded up and working on my first try.

– Hanging with ETC on the monitor
–running OTC
modes : /usbdrive on Organelle screen

start otc mother
init fb0
about to draw. size x = 1280, size y = 720, bpp = 32, y virtual = 1440
red offset = 16, blue offset = 0, green offset = 8 
alpha offset = 24, alpha length = 8 
line len whatever that is 5120
cleared bufs
start splash
start python
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "otc.py", line 11, in <module>
    import sound
  File "/usbdrive/Patches/OTC_Mother/sound.py", line 1, in <module>
    import alsaaudio, audioop
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/alsaaudio.so: file too short

ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/alsaaudio.so: file too short

this means your install was corrupt, so the either doing download, or more likely when it was copied from your usb drive to the internal sd card

did you run OTC_Install, and did it not report any errors?

make sure if you do doing the install its from a high quality USB stick (e.g. SanDisk) ,
(not the white one supplied with the Organelle, which is known to have issues)

so reinstall OTC_Install with this in mind, and if you get the same error, Id like to see the OTC_Install.log too.

Thanks so much for checking it out. I’m on the newer Sandisk USB. It now runs and appears to attempt to load the modes, but the Organelle screen then goes black and the display goes back to home. The Organelle can still be operated so it’s not a full crash.