Who is the Troubleshooter here that can help with my Patch?

I posted a video of this patch in this new thread here and thought I’d keep this thread up for further troubleshooting; though I’ve got to say, I thought this community would be way more active.

In any case, I’m going to post a couple of more things here in hopes that someone will be able to give me some insight… as I am digging around in Pure Data, I’ve now realized that I can right click on objects to view their Properties, so in the original Pd patch, the Decay slider has a value for the “Output Range” as Lower: 0.9 and Upper: 0.999 so how would I translate that as an Organelle Knob? I am trying all sorts of different combinations of things, but none seem to work. I’ve got the other Knobs working as the original patch’s sliders (all of which had different values.)

The other thing is, I would like to be able to hit the Aux button to engage the “Strummer” and hit it again to turn it off. I’ve been able to do that but, it plays the strumming pattern twice as fast as the original Pure Data patch for some reason, just by using the simple objects [r aux] and [sel 1] and an [r notes] object, all 3 of which is going to a pd latch object I got from another Organelle patch. When I changed that by removing the [r notes] and adding a [bang] and patching that between [sel 1] into both inlets of the pd latch, the Strummer plays at the correct speed, but only engages when I hit the Aux button On and then Off again, then it will engage and never actually turn off.

So, the ideal scenario is to have the Strummer play when the Aux is On and to then play individual MIDI notes when the Strummer/Aux is Off. So far, this isn’t happening. (the original patch did not have a method for playing individual MIDI notes, only to engage the Strummer.)

I’m sorry if these are noob questions but, again, there doesn’t seem to be any tutorials for doing this stuff for the Organelle itself. To have to make 5 to 8 Organelle objects just to do what one native Pure Data object does, is what’s tripping me up here, and if I can just get past these last two hurdles, I’ll be all good… again, any help or guidance is greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Here is an updated video of how it’s working at the moment…

2 Likes