Aleph's grid apps

hey @quilime, i think you did it! :smiley:

i re-run the SerialOSC-Installer patch, restart the organelle and open a grid app. left it playing all night and it’s still going :smiley: all old monome patches work and no more mysterious bug. all running smooth :v:

great work! :clap::raised_hands::pray:

Cool, it’s been working for me too. Was working on some ideas with the [step] object into the night. It’s so nice not to have to program a sequencer again – and step gives you 2x tracks, too!

I may split out all the Grid apps into their own example patches to make it easy to create a new starting point, but for now they’re all lumped into that one example patch. Also need to integrate Ableton Link of course. :slight_smile:

I’ve added a new utility patch on patchstorage:

https://patchstorage.com/monome-grid-apps-serialosc-installer/

nice, those are some cool new futures. sadly i don’t use ableton that much.
i’m mostly using [kria] and [meadowphysics] so i can work on some exemples for the organelle. i have not yet tested [step] nor [whitewhale]

you and @rick_monster did a great job porting this apps to pd and the organelle. :pray::raised_hands::clap:
and thank you @quilime for a simple SerialOSC-Installer patch :smiley:

when loading patches onto the organelle, should i place the folder (exactly as downloaded) into the main root? or should i place the entire thing into the patches folder like i normally do? orrrrrrr do i take the folders inside and place them in the patches folder? thanks a lot!

hi @Velcro!

you should download https://patchstorage.com/monome-grid-apps-serialosc-installer/ folder from @quilime patchstorage and place into the patches folder like you normally do. if you have a recent organelle os, like 3.0 you can use patch sub folders.

Serialosc/monome with Organelle?

thanks! also, how do you sequence external gear when the monome utilizes a USB, and the flash drive utilizes the other???

USB hub! :smiley:

but of course!!! lol

Hi all - I want to say thanks so much to everyone who worked on getting the grid integrated with the organelle @quilime @rick_monster (edit: and ty @sno - clearly your troubleshooting was also a big help). I just received mine and am excited to get it working. Other than downloading the most recently posted link and installing it, is there anything else I need to look out for? Any suggestions on people’s favorite older/other patches for the grid or best to just start with the ones in the link?
Many thanks again :slightly_smiling_face:
edit: also, must I use a usb hub or can I plug directly into organelle? (saw something about this above, wasn’t sure if it was an exceptional circumstance)

there is another thread about this too I think

I am (very slowly) porting the Ansible Kria to Organelle - it’s not at the top of my list and work (non music) is eating all my time - but it is still an ongoing project! If all goes will Kria will run on Organelle OR Norns and will also send midi out. ETA - likely November but depends on day job work…

(it will be as an Orac module - my plan is to make a special router for it allowing it to send out notes to 4 separate chains - have wondered about building it into the router so the router is a special “Kira” router and Kria loads when the router does - or having it separate so other things can use the router which means the 1 less module in a slightly cramped config. Unknown as yet)

Pretty sure you can use a 64 plugged directly in.

In my experience, a powered hub is needed for the bigger bus-powered monomes – I have a 128, and if I don’t use a hub then only half the lights light up. Buttons work, tho. YMMV!