Basic Sampler Filter Mod

I’m a newbie to patching in PD and trying to make a modification to the preset Basic Sampler patch. I changed it to default to being monophonic because I want knob 2 to control a bandpass filter instead. I’m trying to use the vcf~ object, but I don’t know where to place it in the patch. Any veterans able to help a beginner out?

Open samplervoice.pd and just put it after [hip~ 5] (which is a filter as well), that should do the trick (although i did not test it…)

1 Like

Do you mean like this? I’m not sure if I’m doing it right but it’s not outputting the sample

the [vcf~] needs to be feed a value for resonance (right inlet - 1 should be fine, but you can go higher) and it’s middle inlet (cutoff) needs much higher values than that it’s currently getting from the knob (knobs will output 0-1 by themselves). The VCFs cutoff works with values in range of hundreds and thousands (just like its analog counterpart)

general tipp: right click on any pd object and access its help file to figure out how it works and how to use it…

1 Like