Date and Time Sync

I’m looking to make a patch that would play an audio clip at a specific date and time (New Years).
Is there an external in PD object that syncs with date/time and could send a bang at a specified date and time??

date is part of Zexy:

Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 2.31.41 PM

1 Like

The Organelle doesn’t have a real time clock so the time gets reset every time it turns on (i.e. it is never the correct time unless you set it manually)

You could also take a look at the Countdown Timer patch. You can set a time and then start it and the sounds get played when the timer ends. You can replace the sound files with your own.

1 Like

@Servandob I’ll definitely take a look at that! Does it sync via wifi? Or just from the local device it’s running on?

I considered this one! I wasn’t sure about accuracy when I start it though. The patch would have to start running at least 26-30 hours prior.

1 Like

Good points… I will be doing some patching in my organelle today so I will check also if date works correctly when organelle is connected to internet.
Update: Good news if you have wifi. Haven’t tested the date object itself though.

1 Like

So, I’m trying to get Zexy installed on my raspi 3. I did ‘’‘sudo apt-get install’’’ But no dice. Any ideas how I could get this implemented??

much easier than that…
go to help / find externals (in puredata) and type zexy or Zexy and then just click on whatever shows up there…
If you have a folder with old pd-extended externals in your organelle, the [date] external is also included there.

1 Like