dis(Quiet) Regeneration - a 9min soundscape / EYESY visualisation

My latest EYESY creation! This is a 9min soundscape, best enjoyed with headphones and a peaceful environment.

It’s been a while since I used EYESY. I set about programming a set of modes for my live hip hop act last year, and because I was working to achieve very specific things, I got super frustrated not being able to get it to work. I’m not a coder at all, but I can usually figure things out and adapt existing code… Alas, the EYESY beat me last year and I didn’t touch it for quite a while.

I’m glad I picked it up again for this though. I even adapted some of the code to customise one or two of the modes, and managed it fairly painlessly this time! I’m particularly pleased that I managed to change the font to my usual preferred Courier New.

It’s been disappointing not to see a greater level of engagement with the Eyesy - I hoped many more people (who can code!) would be sharing patches and creating new things. It would help if C&G were regularly creating and sharing more patches too, and I was hoping that the ofLua stuff would develop much faster.

Looks like there’s a new beta up… I’ll check it out, I enjoyed experimenting with the last one: My [ofLua] Eyesy Videos

3 Likes

luvin the black n white vibes on this. we just got an eyesy the other day. looking to also edit some of the presets to see where we can take it. nice work.

1 Like

Thanks, glad you liked it! :raised_hands: Let me know how you get on, would love to see what you make

I came across this on YouTube the other day and it inspired me to get an Eyesy. Great music and visuals.

1 Like

Ahh, great! I hope you really enjoy exploring it :raised_hands: Let me know how you get on!