ETC + Digitakt Video

I fired up the ETC tonight, and recorded a jam with it being controlled by the Elektron Digitakt over MIDI. Pretty basic, and just using the stock modes, but a good example of how easy it is to get up and running that some of you might be interested in:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing this!

No problem! Just getting to grips with it just now… I’ve got an HDMI capture card on the way so I can put together some better videos in the next few weeks :smiley:

Nice! Are you sending any CC data yet? I’d like to try the same with my Squarp Pyramid.

Stop it! Now I need one!

Nice! Are you sending any CC data yet? I’d like to try the same with my Squarp Pyramid.

Yes! The colour changes within patterns (modes) are all controlled via CC - separate ones for the fore and background. There’s also some CC for the other knobs going on as well. The mode changes are being done via program change messages.

I’ve got a Pyramid as well… Will need to play about with it and the ETC :slight_smile:

Stop it! Now I need one!

Haha… do it. It’s awesome.

Really appreciate this info! I will do some tests as well. I’m wondering if sending a super fast LFO will bog down the CPU?

Good question. It shouldn’t, theoretically. I wonder what the effect would be on the visuals though. Hmmmm… Worth a try!

No doubt! I will try to test it tonight too. I also thought it might be cool to use a separate audio source synced to the music, but only for the purpose of triggering and not actually audible.

That’s a good idea. I have used digital drum pads in the past with the rhythm scope as triggers, so that could be sweet.