ETC not working with certain screens?

Hi there,

I seem to have a problem getting my ETC to work with my regular screen over HDMI, namely an Eizo CG24X screen. Quite a nice screen, but after displaying the ETC logo on boot, it stays black forever.

ETC works fine with my TV, so I’m thinking that there is something specific with the resolution/refresh rate/color depth that my Eizo doesn’t like.

I saw other posts on this forum where people had problems with black screens, but couldn’t find any help to fix this.

Is it possible to change the resolution or framerate of the ETC Arch Linux installation so that I can get it working?

Hi,

I looked at the specs for that monitor and aside from listing the native resolution of 1920x1080, there is no mention of it supporting other resolutions.

The ETC’s HDMI output is limited to 720p60 for software reasons. The hardware is capable of outputting other resolutions, like 1080, but everything is written for 720 for speed reasons.

The reason you see the logo is that the logo has a resolution of 1920x1080, but then the ETC switches its output to 720p.

Thanks

Thanks, that is weird, I would never have thought that the screen doesn’t support 720p, but I guess that could be the case.