ETC on the Organelle-M

I got mine’s working thanks to guyamn82’s suggestion to download and burn Eyesy’s OS 2 image onto an 8GB microSD. I don’t have a spare microSD so I just used the one in my Organelle-M and it worked flawlessly.

I just had to make sure that the HDMI cable that’s connected to my projector was hooked up to the Organelle-M and the projector itself was already turned on before I turn on the power switch of the Organelle-M. Once it boots up, you’ll see the word EYESY on your screen and you’re good to go.

1 Like

I guess that wont work with an ‘old’ organelle because of processing power?
Edit: Just tried by myself. Does not work :frowning:

That’s pretty amazing. I wonder if it’s possible to burn it on a USB drive and choose to boot either the Organelle M OS from the SD card or the EYESY OS from the USB stick. This way the M would be the ultimate performance companion.

I’m not sure if that’ll work. What you can do is to get another 8GB microSD card for Eyesy so you can just switch microSD’s depending on what you plan to use between Eyesy and Organelle.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Just tried the Eyesy OS on my Organelle M with a different Sd and it works great! Could be possible to use a Micro Sd to USB adapter to load the Eyesy Os on the Organelle M or could there be any other way rather than switching the Sd cards every time?

Ps. This is the Eyesy on Organelle M key mapping I found:

Aux: On screen display
C: Next Scene
C#: Next Mode
D: New Scene
D#: Previous Mode
E: Screenshot
F: Previous Scene
F#: Trigger
G: Persist On/Off
G#: Shift

Anyone else found something different? Could this be modified?

4 Likes

Also to access the wifi storage files you hold shift whilst it’s booting up then connect to EYESY . Then connect to the 192 etc. port of your organelle and away you go.

From what I’ve played with all modes worked from the EYESY-v2.0.img file,
but I have found some modes from here (https://critterandguitari.github.io/ETC_Manual/modes.html) that give me some errors.

They all have the same end error
Type Error: color_picker() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given).

From the ETC modes master.zip all the modes that weren’t included in the EYESY-v2.0.img seem to be the culprits. Was there a reason why that was? It seems easy enough to edit the python file but I don’t really understand what’s happening.

Still not too sure how to add images properly or if it’s possible to add images without a background (like a vector but not).

But so far this has been so much fun to use.

1 Like

I might take a look at fixing the Python error. It’s probably an easy fix

1 Like

The best way is to switch the SD card everytime. Any software fix with loading both onto one SD would be very hacky

1 Like

not really :wink:

its simply a matter of loading up the pygame and the correct dependancies… this is precisely what I did with OTC - the OS is pretty much the same anyway.

this is much less ‘hacky’ that having to change sdcard’s every time you want to run a eyesy on an organelle-m :wink:

good news: this is relatively easy, as the Organelle-M is a closer match in both software and hardware to eyesy than the Organelle was to ETC. so not hard at all … just a matter of ‘time’ to get around to doing it :wink:

bad news: eyesy this will only really work on the Organelle-M, since the versions of software it uses are not easily available on the Organelle-1.

this seems reasonable… Organelle-1/ETC are gen 1 of CG products, Organelle-M/Eyesy are gen 2.
the gen 2 have more mem/processing, so should not be ‘held back’ by gen 1.

4 Likes

Oh I was assuming OS level code would be very different between organelle and eyesy. I haven’t actually looked at either of the OS code yet I just flashed it on an sd card :sweat_smile: I’m a proud new organelle owner of 2 weeks or so. Love orac btw.

If you end up getting started on it shoot me a repo link I’d like to help. Likewise if I can find the time I’ll send you one

I am wondering if there is the SCENE SAVE button? I could not seem to find it unfortunately :frowning:
Were you able to find it?

Ok. I found out how after reading the Eyesy manual. Button D does the job for saving scene.

1 Like