Expression pedal

cool,

Id be interested to hear your experience of how you use it…
I think an expression pedal / foot switch is a really useful addition to the Organelle, actually any keyboard really :wink: )

as I mentioned when refining pedal support in 3.1, I was thinking of some potential built-in uses

the idea being it would be nice for the pedal to be useful, in some way, without patches explicitly supporting it. (I gave some examples in the above post)

perhaps if we allowed an option to map it to knob1/2/3/4 , this could be interesting.
though it seems really dependent on the patch which knob it would be useful to map too, and doubtfully useful on multi page patches.

I think the more promising ‘general’ uses might be to cover some of the limitations of the organelle keyboard, so perhaps velocity/octave mapping?

as I said, in last post, Orac has quite a few more possibilities because I can there associate it with parameters, in a similar way to midi learn (*)…
hmm, why did i not think of that when doing midi learn? seems so obvious now :wink:
anyway, definitely will do something like that for next orac version…

(*) Orac hack
this actually makes me think, there is quite a simple hack for Orac, which would allow use of the expression pedal for any module!

basically something like (means untested :wink: )

[r exp] → [* 127] → [pack 11 $1] → [midiCC $1 $2( → [s rackMsgs]

this could be put in a router module…

this maps the expression pedal to midi CC11 (you can map it to something else if you wish),
from there, you can use orac’s midi lean, to learn a parameter… so by implication is then mapped to the expression pedal input.

(note: depending how you update the router, it’ll either be instead of sending exp to the module, or as well as sending exp to the module)

1 Like