EYESY openFrameworks (beta) mode development

Thanks @okyeron! We were trying to get shaders working for the oF/Lua example modes we released but ran into the same issues you did. Thanks for sharing your research via your posts oF forum - it’s helpful to see.

2 Likes

Hi! I finally got around to installing the December oF beta last week. A while back I worked on a handful of openFrameworks-based tools and installations, and I’ve been using Lua lately on norns so the prospect of getting to employ all those capabilities in the tidy Eyesy package has been pretty exciting.

I went looking around for a shader example and haven’t seen one, so after some trial and error I threw this together.

Code:

Example of using GLSL shaders on the EYESY openFrameworks beta OS · GitHub

Output:

I got stuck on getting the audio buffers in as textures – I think some additional type annotations need to be added to ofxLua for ofTexture::loadData(). Going to poke around that next, I’m not super familiar with ofxLua but I have used SWIG before.

2 Likes

Super!

I had tried to get shaders working unsuccessfully (although I have no idea what I’m doing there).

Note - if you’re looking at changing/modifying ofxLua - it’s a bear to get compiled on-device.

1 Like

That looks phenomenal

1 Like