Faust on Organelle?

Can we expect the support for Faust to be in the Organelle as well or is there already support for it?

I don’t know about directly editing faust code or interacting ‘live’ with faust on the Organelle, but a year or so ago I was experimenting with faust and IIRC was able to get a faust object to compile into a PureData “external” that was able to run on the Organelle.

I found my notes from back then and copied them here (I don’t know if it would still work like this but maybe it is a helpful starting point):

1 Like

This is really helpful. I just started exploring Faust to see if it would help me accomplish things with my Organelle, and I thought I would test out something like what you have documented as a first step. I enjoy PureData, but some of the ideas I have feel like they may need some optimization once they scale.

2 Likes
2 Likes

any organelle faust templates floating around?

Not that I know of… We have some work to do in this area, but would be great to eventually go right from Faust .dsp to fully formed Organelle patch (or for the 201). Right now we are manually compiling bits of dsp files into Pd objects and assembling patches that way.

1 Like

My limited experience: Faust online IDE exports pure data files. Then also export source dsp to compile the external as 32-bit linux on online IDE doesn’t seem to work (need to install faust from source for this and run faust2puredata). Then connect pure data files to Organelle mother with a few midi commands / audio in and audio out at the end. Piano vs Flute patch is just a collection of Faust and automatonism bits connected up haphazardly.

1 Like